Heatsink QUestion

grapz

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
If i were to currently go with stock conroe heatsink and fan and apply thermal past and put it on etc, and then maybe i decide to overclock a bit more so i buy a new heatsink / thermal paste. How would i get rid of the thermal paste previously put on.? ANd if i were to remove the previous thermal paste and put in the new thermal paste/ heatsink , is that good for the prcoessor, in terms of life expentency.

my reason is simply budget

If i were to currently go with stock conroe heatsink and fan and apply thermal past and put it on etc, and then maybe i decide to overclock a bit more so i buy a new heatsink / thermal paste. How would i get rid of the thermal paste previously put on.? ANd if i were to remove the previous thermal paste and put in the new thermal paste/ heatsink , is that good for the prcoessor, in terms of life expentency.

my reason is simply budget

The stock HS will have thermal paste on it. You can remove the thermal paste with alcohol. Life expectancy depend on things like nutrition, sleep and a regular sex life.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
The stock Conroe heatsink/fan cooler should be good enough, even with overclocking but not to the extreme. Im sure you could go 20% - 25% percent overclock and still have good acceptible temps.

LMFAO..... nice one.

I just spent two hours tearing the system in my sig out right down to removing the MB. I removed the heatsink and wiped it's ass. Same with the top my processor. Yes, with an alcohol pad. I didn't have any bottle of alcohol, only some little sterile alcohol pads we have around the house. Gotta' brand new Zalman Fatality H/F and brand new AS5 on here. A lot of screwin' makes for a long, healthy life. It's in the instructions. :D