Event ID: 7026 (Failed to load swapdrv)

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me why my win2k3 Ent Svr lastely/suddenly gives me
this error when booting up? I have had the swapfile, d:\pagefile.sys,
changed to drive d:\ since finished installing this win2k3 Ent Svr a couple
a month ago and this problem just recently surfaces. I don't think having
the d:\pagefile.sys had an effect of getting this error, i.e. these two are
not correlated.

--
Mazi
9 answers Last reply

    Hi Mazi,

    If the Event ID 7026 is complaining about a filename called Swapdrv.*, then
    this is not a file that shipped with Windows Server 2003. You should locate
    the file, right-click on it and go to it's Properties to determine what
    application installed this file. If Windows Server 2003 was updated from a
    previous OS that was using Swapdrv.*, then try rename it and reboot or boot
    into Safe Mode to rename the file.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    > Can anyone please tell me why my win2k3 Ent Svr lastely/suddenly gives me
    > this error when booting up? I have had the swapfile, d:\pagefile.sys,
    > changed to drive d:\ since finished installing this win2k3 Ent Svr a
    couple
    > a month ago and this problem just recently surfaces. I don't think having
    > the d:\pagefile.sys had an effect of getting this error, i.e. these two
    are
    > not correlated.
    >
    > --
    > Mazi

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Hi Mike,

    Thank you for your quick response. I did a complete search (per your
    suggestion) on swapdrv to noavail on my Win2k3 Ent Svr.

    --
    Mazi

    "Mike Rosado [MSFT]" <mikeros@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Mazi,
    >
    > If the Event ID 7026 is complaining about a filename called Swapdrv.*,
    then
    > this is not a file that shipped with Windows Server 2003. You should
    locate
    > the file, right-click on it and go to it's Properties to determine what
    > application installed this file. If Windows Server 2003 was updated from
    > previous OS that was using Swapdrv.*, then try rename it and reboot or
    boot
    > into Safe Mode to rename the file.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps,
    > Mike Rosado
    > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    rights.
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Mazi,

    Can you copy and paste the description of the Event ID 7026?

    --
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike Rosado
    Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    > Thank you for your quick response. I did a complete search (per your
    > suggestion) on swapdrv to noavail on my Win2k3 Ent Svr.
    >
    > --
    > Mazi
    >

    > "Mike Rosado [MSFT]" <mikeros@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Mazi,
    > >
    > > If the Event ID 7026 is complaining about a filename called Swapdrv.*,
    > then
    > > this is not a file that shipped with Windows Server 2003. You should
    > locate
    > > the file, right-click on it and go to it's Properties to determine what
    > > application installed this file. If Windows Server 2003 was updated
    from
    > > previous OS that was using Swapdrv.*, then try rename it and reboot or
    > boot
    > > into Safe Mode to rename the file.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hope this helps,
    > > Mike Rosado
    > > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    > > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    > > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
    > > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

    > rights.
    > > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Hi Mike,

    Here is the event that I copied from the even viewer:

    Date: 10/3/2004 Source: Service Control Manager
    Time: 8:05:16 PM Category: None
    Type: Error Event ID: 7026
    User: N/A
    Computer: Mazi

    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    swapdrv

    I hope this helps for a diagnose.

    --

    > Mazi,
    >
    > Can you copy and paste the description of the Event ID 7026?
    >
    > --
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Mike Rosado
    > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    rights.
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Mazi,

    Unfortunately similar to the following article, this is either a driver or
    an application that is not related to the OS.

    178558 Upgrade Installation of Windows NT on HP NetServer Generates Error
    Event
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=178558

    Open REGEDIT and search for SWAPDRV, once located then export it out before
    deleting it,

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado
    Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    > Here is the event that I copied from the even viewer:
    >
    > Date: 10/3/2004 Source: Service Control
    Manager
    > Time: 8:05:16 PM Category: None
    > Type: Error Event ID: 7026
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: Mazi
    >
    > The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    > swapdrv

    > I hope this helps for a diagnose.
    >
    > --
    > Mazi
    >

    > "Mike Rosado [MSFT]" <mikeros@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Mazi,
    > >
    > > Can you copy and paste the description of the Event ID 7026?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > Mike Rosado
    > > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    > > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    > > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
    > > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

    > rights.
    > > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Hi Mike,

    Since your post shows the link, IIRC this pesky error message stated to show
    up ever since I added a 7-in-One Bayone Floppy drive where it's got other
    six card readers through a USB port. Perhaps, the setup on these card
    readers enables the swapdrv.

    Anyway, I tried your suggestion and the search found the entry. When I tried
    to delete it, I got an error message saying the registry/key can not be
    deleted. I even tried to delete this entry when booting in a safe mode to
    noavail (same error messages). I guessed we have run out of the resources
    trying to get rid off this pesky error message... :(

    --

    > Mazi,
    >
    > Unfortunately similar to the following article, this is either a driver or
    > an application that is not related to the OS.
    >
    > 178558 Upgrade Installation of Windows NT on HP NetServer Generates Error
    > Event
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=178558
    >
    > Open REGEDIT and search for SWAPDRV, once located then export it out
    before
    > deleting it,
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps,
    > Mike Rosado
    > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    rights.
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Mazi,

    Maybe you should try uninstalling the 7-in-One Bayone Floppy to see if it
    will get rid of that event.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado
    Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    > Since your post shows the link, IIRC this pesky error message stated to
    show
    > up ever since I added a 7-in-One Bayone Floppy drive where it's got other
    > six card readers through a USB port. Perhaps, the setup on these card
    > readers enables the swapdrv.
    >
    > Anyway, I tried your suggestion and the search found the entry. When I
    tried
    > to delete it, I got an error message saying the registry/key can not be
    > deleted. I even tried to delete this entry when booting in a safe mode to
    > noavail (same error messages). I guessed we have run out of the resources
    > trying to get rid off this pesky error message... :(
    >
    > --
    > Mazi
    >

    > "Mike Rosado [MSFT]" <mikeros@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Mazi,
    > >
    > > Unfortunately similar to the following article, this is either a driver
    or
    > > an application that is not related to the OS.
    > >
    > > 178558 Upgrade Installation of Windows NT on HP NetServer Generates
    Error
    > > Event
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=178558
    > >
    > > Open REGEDIT and search for SWAPDRV, once located then export it out
    > before
    > > deleting it,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hope this helps,
    > > Mike Rosado
    > > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    > > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    > > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
    > > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

    > rights.
    > > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Hi Mike,

    I finally managed to find out what caused the problem and fixed it.
    Apparently, I wasn't awared of the search for swapdrv while in the regedit
    only shows one hit at a time. So, when I needed to search for BMUpdate.exe
    (a pesky spyware keeps showing up in my Windows Task Manager) by pressing F3
    key, the regedit showed me another hit of swapdrv. It was then I had
    realized the search was not completed. After going through all the hits
    (individually), I found out the software, Anti Tracer, that I had it
    uninstalled a while back was the one that caused this problem.

    Regarding the BMUpdate.exe, I believe it was due to the Visioneer scanner
    software (OneTouch.exe). Even though BMUpdate.exe does not show update any
    longer in the Windows Task Manager, I notice everytime I do a login into my
    Win2k3 Ent Server the "Exceptions" in "Proxy Settings" on the LAN settings
    always contains the following (even though they had been deleted before):

    cgi*.ebay.com
    disney.go.com
    msa_e1.ebay.com

    If anyone out here knows how I can get rid off these pesky entries for good,
    I would appreciate that.

    --

    > Mazi,
    >
    > Maybe you should try uninstalling the 7-in-One Bayone Floppy to see if it
    > will get rid of that event.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps,
    > Mike Rosado
    > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    rights.
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Mazi,

    Here's a link you may try. There are also shareware/freeware applications
    that would are helpful in removing Spyware. Use any search engine and query
    Spyware remove.

    http://www.spyany.com/program/article_adw_rm_BookmarkExpress.html

    --

Pagefile Event Id Windows