Windows 2K remote administration

Greetings,

I am trying to establish a remote (desktop) connection to
a Windows 2K AS (which is also a domain controller)
through a Window XP desktopm. Server is patched up ro SP4
and the Win XP desktop upto SP2.

I tried both Remote Desktop Connection (native in XP) as
well with Win 2K3 server admin tool kit (installed on the
XP desktop). When I attempt to establish a connection
with the server (using server IP address)the connection
gets kicked off from the server end (says "Disconnected
from Server).

What do I need to do at the server end for it to accept
the connection request?

Thanks heaps.

kr

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:20:30 -0700, Luxman wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to establish a remote (desktop) connection to
> a Windows 2K AS (which is also a domain controller)
> through a Window XP desktopm. Server is patched up ro SP4
> and the Win XP desktop upto SP2.
>
> I tried both Remote Desktop Connection (native in XP) as
> well with Win 2K3 server admin tool kit (installed on the
> XP desktop). When I attempt to establish a connection
> with the server (using server IP address)the connection
> gets kicked off from the server end (says "Disconnected
> from Server).
>
> What do I need to do at the server end for it to accept
> the connection request?
>
> Thanks heaps.
if terminal services are not installed on the Server, you must first do
this via Add Remove Programs, Windows Components. Then access terminal
services through an mmc or administrative tools. In the right hand pane
RIGHT CLICK the RDP-TCP connector and select properties. On the
permissions tab click "ADD". Add your user/group in here and select the
appropriate level of access