Home Folder Issues

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 5, 2004 5:41:03 PM

I am having a problem creating the home directories via the home folder path
in the user profile.

Each time I give the path: Example \\servername\folder name\user

It tells me that the "folder was not created because I do not have create
access on the server" It then goes on to say that it has updated the user
account with the new home folder value but i must create the folder manually
after obtaining required access rights.

I am logged on as the administrator and am in the Domain Admin, Enterprise
Admin groups as well. I am using 2003 server.

I used to be able to do this all the time using 2000 server and now it has
the above message in 2003? Am I missing something? Please help!

Regards,

Tim

More about : home folder issues

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 10:28:53 PM

Here is what I usually do and it works great:

- Create a HIDDEN SHARE on file server \\SRV\SHARE$ with the
following permissions:

- Share permissions:

o Authenticated Users = Full Control

- NTFS permissions:

o Creator/Owner = Full Control (Subfolders and Files)

o System = Full Control (This folder, Subfolders and Files)

o User Groups = "List Folder/Read Data" & "Create Folders/Append
Data" (This Folder Only)

o Administrators = None

o Everyone = None

- Set Profile path in users properties: \\SRV\SHARE$\%USERNAME%

--

Thanks,
Mike

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.
This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

news:D A193A35-0E4C-4096-95C7-337496D1960E@microsoft.com...

!