Home Folder Issues

I am having a problem creating the home directories via the home folder path
in the user profile.

Each time I give the path: Example \\servername\folder name\user

It tells me that the "folder was not created because I do not have create
access on the server" It then goes on to say that it has updated the user
account with the new home folder value but i must create the folder manually
after obtaining required access rights.

I am logged on as the administrator and am in the Domain Admin, Enterprise
Admin groups as well. I am using 2003 server.

I used to be able to do this all the time using 2000 server and now it has
the above message in 2003? Am I missing something? Please help!

Regards,

Tim
1 answer Last reply
More about home folder issues

    Here is what I usually do and it works great:

    - Create a HIDDEN SHARE on file server \\SRV\SHARE$ with the
    following permissions:

    - Share permissions:

    o Authenticated Users = Full Control

    - NTFS permissions:

    o Creator/Owner = Full Control (Subfolders and Files)

    o System = Full Control (This folder, Subfolders and Files)

    o User Groups = "List Folder/Read Data" & "Create Folders/Append
    Data" (This Folder Only)

    o Administrators = None

    o Everyone = None

    - Set Profile path in users properties: \\SRV\SHARE$\%USERNAME%

    --

    Thanks,
    Mike

    Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

    Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.
    This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

    "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having a problem creating the home directories via the home folder
    >path
    > in the user profile.
    >
    > Each time I give the path: Example \\servername\folder name\user
    >
    > It tells me that the "folder was not created because I do not have create
    > access on the server" It then goes on to say that it has updated the user
    > account with the new home folder value but i must create the folder
    > manually
    > after obtaining required access rights.
    >
    > I am logged on as the administrator and am in the Domain Admin, Enterprise
    > Admin groups as well. I am using 2003 server.
    >
    > I used to be able to do this all the time using 2000 server and now it has
    > the above message in 2003? Am I missing something? Please help!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Tim

Microsoft Servers Windows