General question (sorry, but this seemed like the appropri..

We are having some serious performance issues in Windows 2000 Advanced
Server (CPU spikes at 100%, people can't access the server) and I was
wondering if someone could help me find a place, locally, that could
help us determine the cause. I'm not sure exactly what to look for in
the Yellow Pages, so I am asking this group. We have a dual-processor
machine with 4GB RAM and it should not be performing like this.

I know you won't be able to know what is "locally" but if you could
let me know exactly what KIND of company I could look for in the area,
that's good enough.

Brent,

Performance problems can be very hard and time consuming to isolate. You can
receive fee-based technical training and support, objective advice, and a
wide range of value-added services from Microsoft Solution Providers, a
select group of independent developers, consultants, and system analysts who
have partnered with Microsoft.

Microsoft Solution Providers will help you implement strategies that take
advantage of today's powerful new technologies. For more information on
Microsoft Solution Providers, call (800) 765-7768.

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

> We are having some serious performance issues in Windows 2000 Advanced
> Server (CPU spikes at 100%, people can't access the server) and I was
> wondering if someone could help me find a place, locally, that could
> help us determine the cause. I'm not sure exactly what to look for in
> the Yellow Pages, so I am asking this group. We have a dual-processor
> machine with 4GB RAM and it should not be performing like this.
>
> I know you won't be able to know what is "locally" but if you could
> let me know exactly what KIND of company I could look for in the area,
> that's good enough.

Barry,

Before engaging a local Microsoft Solution Providers as I suggested earlier,
you may want to call the Microsoft Product Support Services by dialing the
toll free number below and request someone to assist you in getting to the
next available Support Engineer in the Platforms Performance group.

Microsoft Technical Support 1-800-Microsoft (642-7676)

The cost for a support incident if I'm not mistaken is $245.00. Here is the
definition of a support incident:

http://support.microsoft.com/Directory/directory/policies.asp