dsismangleddnw and dcdiag

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Anyone know why I suddenly get the error:

"The procedure entry point dsismangleddnw could not be located in the
dynamic link library NTDSAPI.dll"

when running dcdiag ?

I've tried it on several servers and they all come bakc with the same
error...

Adrian
2 answers Last reply
More about dsismangleddnw dcdiag
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    Verifying that you are running the latest version of dcdiag for your OS, and
    verifying DNS would be two good places to start. If that doesn't help, then
    try running on a different server or workstation pointed to the FSMO holder
    using the /s switch of dcdiag.

    Let us know the results.

    "Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <marsh_removeme_@lucent.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know why I suddenly get the error:
    >
    > "The procedure entry point dsismangleddnw could not be located in the
    > dynamic link library NTDSAPI.dll"
    >
    > when running dcdiag ?
    >
    > I've tried it on several servers and they all come bakc with the same
    > error...
    >
    > Adrian
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    Al,

    Thanks for the reply... typically after sending this I found another
    link on microsofts site which has given me a new install that installs
    into %ProgramFiles%\Support Tools. That version seems to work ok...

    Adrian

    Al Mulnick wrote:
    > Verifying that you are running the latest version of dcdiag for your OS, and
    > verifying DNS would be two good places to start. If that doesn't help, then
    > try running on a different server or workstation pointed to the FSMO holder
    > using the /s switch of dcdiag.
    >
    > Let us know the results.
    >

    > "Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <marsh_removeme_@lucent.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anyone know why I suddenly get the error:
    >>
    >>"The procedure entry point dsismangleddnw could not be located in the
    >>dynamic link library NTDSAPI.dll"
    >>
    >>when running dcdiag ?
    >>
    >>I've tried it on several servers and they all come bakc with the same
    >>error...
    >>
    >>Adrian

Windows Server Servers Microsoft Active Directory Windows