dsismangleddnw and dcdiag

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Anyone know why I suddenly get the error:

"The procedure entry point dsismangleddnw could not be located in the
dynamic link library NTDSAPI.dll"

when running dcdiag ?

I've tried it on several servers and they all come bakc with the same
error...

Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Verifying that you are running the latest version of dcdiag for your OS, and
verifying DNS would be two good places to start. If that doesn't help, then
try running on a different server or workstation pointed to the FSMO holder
using the /s switch of dcdiag.

Let us know the results.

"Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" <marsh_removeme_@lucent.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know why I suddenly get the error:
>
> "The procedure entry point dsismangleddnw could not be located in the
> dynamic link library NTDSAPI.dll"
>
> when running dcdiag ?
>
> I've tried it on several servers and they all come bakc with the same
> error...
>
> Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Al,

Thanks for the reply... typically after sending this I found another
link on microsofts site which has given me a new install that installs
into %ProgramFiles%\Support Tools. That version seems to work ok...

Adrian