Sign in with
Your question

The future of Abit hardware support?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 3, 2006 6:00:49 AM

Hey guys I found an article on wikipedia on Abit about how it will be bought out by USI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abit could that effect future hardware support for their current motherbaords?
August 3, 2006 6:44:04 AM

It's already happened - some time ago actually. They infused considerable capital into Abit and the motherboard maker has recovered from it "lull" quite nicely with the AW8D, AB9Pro and the forthcoming AW9D-Max and AW9D-Fatality. Their tech support is excellent as is their helper forums.
August 3, 2006 2:38:12 PM

what he said ^ - if anything it's boosted their confidence.
Related resources
August 4, 2006 4:15:08 AM

If memory serves me correctly (and it probably won't) USI was IBM's OEM motherboard maker back in the day, so they are well equipped to deal in volume and deliver stability.

Another cool thing is that Abit seems to be really getting back to basics - being an enthusiast focused motherboard maker instead of spreading their design abilities across all market segments (budget, mainstream, and enthusiast).

The AW9D-max is the only reason my new rig sits on my workbench half put together (well that, and I'm waiting for the next conroe revision before I bite.)
August 4, 2006 4:32:35 AM

Quote:
The AW9D-max is the only reason my new rig sits on my workbench half put together (well that, and I'm waiting for the next conroe revision before I bite.)

End of August is the word I get from the Abit forums. That's when the AW9D-MAX and the AW9D-Fatality will be out.

I've been waiting for the AW9D-MAX for awhile myself.
!