Help: Another newbie question. Using xbox. What do those s..

What do those small icons in the upper left corner of the screen mean?
The ones to the right of the large icon showing health, etc.
There are 3 of them, and I'm not sure if I'm damaged, spell bound,
etc. My stats seem to be normal, no red highlighting.
Thanks.

El Boa
4 answers Last reply
More about help newbie question xbox

    Whoops! They are next to the Map on top left of screen. Since I got
    the blight disease, an icon appeared for it that was red. These are
    white, and I think they may have to do with magic items that one is
    wearing such as rings, etc.

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:32:05 -0600, El Boa <Someone@nowhere.net> wrote:

    >Whoops! They are next to the Map on top left of screen. Since I got
    >the blight disease, an icon appeared for it that was red. These are
    >white, and I think they may have to do with magic items that one is
    >wearing such as rings, etc.

    On the PC, these appear at the bottom right of the screen, next to the
    minimap, so I'm not absolutely certain they're the same icons. They
    indicate spell effects that you are under, either good or bad. The
    colour indicates the school of magic the effect belongs to;
    Red for Destruction(usually disease or damage),
    Blue for Restoration(healing or fortification),
    Purple for Alteration(water walk, levitate),
    Yellow for Conjuration(bound items, creatures),
    Green for Illusion(light, invisibility)
    and White for Mysticism(detection, reflect, telekinesis).

    > >Whoops! They are next to the Map on top left of screen. Since I got
    > >the blight disease, an icon appeared for it that was red. These are
    > >white, and I think they may have to do with magic items that one is
    > >wearing such as rings, etc.
    >
    > On the PC, these appear at the bottom right of the screen, next to the
    > minimap, so I'm not absolutely certain they're the same icons. They
    > indicate spell effects that you are under, either good or bad.

    On the PC, the map is in the lower right as well, so my guess is it's the
    same thing.

    They are normally the effects caused by your race or sign that offer spell
    effects ( 1.5x magicka or 50% weakness to fire and so on)

    "El Boa" <Someone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > What do those small icons in the upper left corner of the screen mean?
    > The ones to the right of the large icon showing health, etc.
    > There are 3 of them, and I'm not sure if I'm damaged, spell bound,
    > etc. My stats seem to be normal, no red highlighting.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > El Boa

Xbox Video Games