cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Hello. I was wondering about how I could find out my IP
Address. Do I have to phone up my service provider or can
I just look it up on my computer. If I can just look it
up on my computer, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Cory" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:137b01c4ae75$7f1696d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Hello. I was wondering about how I could find out my IP
> Address. Do I have to phone up my service provider or can
> I just look it up on my computer. If I can just look it
> up on my computer, how do I do it?
>
> Thanks in advance

Open My Network Places, then in the left column, click on "View network connections". Dbl click on the Area connection icon, then click on the Support tab.

Joe

"Tom" <nowat@nothere.com> wrote in message

"Cory" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I was wondering about how I could find out my IP
> Address. Do I have to phone up my service provider or can
> I just look it up on my computer. If I can just look it
> up on my computer, how do I do it?
>
> Thanks in advance

Open My Network Places, then in the left column, click on "View network
connections". Dbl click on the Area connection icon, then click on the
Support tab.

Alternatively go to Start->run->type cmd-> type ipconfig

Joe

Alternatively - doubleclick the Internet Connection Icon
(two Computers) on the System Tray and then the Details
Tab

make that ipconfig /all

"Joe" <user@host.com> wrote in message

| "Tom" <nowat@nothere.com> wrote in message
|
| "Cory" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| > Hello. I was wondering about how I could find out my IP
| > Address. Do I have to phone up my service provider or
can
| > I just look it up on my computer. If I can just look it
| > up on my computer, how do I do it?
| >
| > Thanks in advance
|
| Open My Network Places, then in the left column, click on
"View network
| connections". Dbl click on the Area connection icon, then
click on the
| Support tab.
|
| Alternatively go to Start->run->type cmd-> type ipconfig
|
| Joe

Joe

/all is not necessary.

Joe

> make that ipconfig /all
>

> "Joe" <user@host.com> wrote in message
> |
> | "Tom" <nowat@nothere.com> wrote in message
> |
> | "Cory" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> | > Hello. I was wondering about how I could find out my IP
> | > Address. Do I have to phone up my service provider or
> can
> | > I just look it up on my computer. If I can just look it
> | > up on my computer, how do I do it?
> | >
> | > Thanks in advance
> |
> | Open My Network Places, then in the left column, click on
> "View network
> | connections". Dbl click on the Area connection icon, then
> click on the
> | Support tab.
> |
> | Alternatively go to Start->run->type cmd-> type ipconfig
> |
> | Joe

The difference [x replace IP data]
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\J.H.Macklin>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Network Bridge (Network Bridge):

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : xxx.xx.xx.xx
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : xxx.xx.xx.xx
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

PPP adapter WSU Shocknet2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : xxx.xx.xx.xx
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

C:\Documents and Settings\J.H.Macklin>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : xxxxxxxxxxxx
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Network Bridge (Network Bridge):

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : MAC Bridge
Miniport
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : xxx.xxx.xx.xx
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.xxx.0.0

PPP adapter WSU Shocknet2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP)
Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
00-00-00-00-00-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : xxx.xx.xx.xx
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : xxx.xx.xx.xx
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : xxx.xx.xx.xx
xxx.xx.xx.xx
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

/all will tell you more, but if all you wamt is the IP it
isn't needed, that is true.

| /all is not necessary.
|
| Joe

in message
| > make that ipconfig /all
| >

| > "Joe" <user@host.com> wrote in message
| > |
| > | "Tom" <nowat@nothere.com> wrote in message
| > |
| > | "Cory" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| > message
IP
or
| > can

| > |
| > | Open My Network Places, then in the left column, click
on
| > "View network
| > | connections". Dbl click on the Area connection icon,
then
| > click on the
| > | Support tab.
| > |
| > | Alternatively go to Start->run->type cmd-> type
ipconfig
| > |
| > | Joe
| > |