Geforce 6800GT has a blurry picture.

mcshazzo

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I am having a problem with my BFG 6800GT graphics card. It seems that images are super blurry. It is like the draw distance is set to 15 meters. Can anyone tell me what is the problem? here is a link to a screen shot.
hpbztsawxc.jpg

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Did u check ur drivers?
Has it always been like that, if not then when did it start?
Could it be the monitor?
Is this in every game, and is it just in games?

n20

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I had this problem when i installed a new graphics card. I then found out that it was colour correction had been enabled in the options

mcshazzo

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I used driver cleaner pro and uninstalled the new nvidia driver. The monitor is fine, i tried it on another one and it does the same thing. I installed the 84.21 drivers. Everything is default atm. When i am playing that mod, and some other games, I can see a clear box which looks like the draw distance. It shows when the image will become clear.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
I used driver cleaner pro and uninstalled the new nvidia driver. The monitor is fine, i tried it on another one and it does the same thing. I installed the 84.21 drivers. Everything is default atm. When i am playing that mod, and some other games, I can see a clear box which looks like the draw distance. It shows when the image will become clear.

Is it always blury or just in that game?

kshipper

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Right Click on the Nvidia Settings bottom right tray. Check Color Quality...32bit and then check Custom Color Settings and is Digital Vibrance set all the way to the bottom? Sharpness? I had a surprisingly muddy game screen in Everquest until I played with these settings.

mcshazzo

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
it seems to be blurry in games that are outside. it is the wierdest thing. i dont think it has anything to do with picture settings,i think it has to do with some driver setting or something.

kshipper

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Take a look at Anisotropic & Antialaising filtering on the graphics card settings...are they set to application controlled? (normal)...try a manual forced setting....any change? Check the monitor driver---found under device manager. Does it show the exact model of monitor you have or is it a generic driver. If it is generic locate the INF file for your monitor and click "update driver". It is just a little text file but it can make a difference on LCD monitors I have found. If you monitor is the older CRT type--check into a way to degauss the monitor (usually found through the menu settings on the monitor). The metal shield inside a CRT monitor becomes magnetized over time and degauss fixes that which can correct fuzziness in the monitor.

it's a screen shot.... how can anyone say its the screen(monitor)?
i am downloading this mod to see if it's the mod's fault....

Did you try any beta drivers? maybe those can help....
do you have screens of other games doing this...?

mcshazzo

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I have tried official and beta drivers. it didnt make a difference. It was doing the same thing in red orchestra but I fixed it by using direct 3d regular and not direct 3d 9.0.

that is verry odd....i was just playing it(X850 pro[modded xt])....i mean the graphics kind of suck(compaired to dod source and such....)...but it is not like that....
E-mail BFG maybe? i dont have an Nvidia card that can handle that game to test with......

I almost looks like the game is being streched from a lower res to fit the screen... you have an LCD? could the card be up scaling to fit a 800x600 game fit to 1024x768...? that may be a driver thing....

Game default
23m6ikj.jpg

4xaa/16xaf
23m6j37.jpg

i just played Red Orchestra.... and it looks like that....so i think it may be a source thing :(

EDIT
for Red Orchestra you just have to turn off HDR/bloome sothing or other... its a part of that...did you change anything on HL2(not Red Orchestra) since the settings also go over to Gmod....