Point to Point Intranet (not internet-based) video phone s..

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

Is there any reasonably-price software that will work point-to-point
for video chat on Windows? I purchased a logitech Quickcam Pro 4000
and am trying to use in a corporate environment for videoconferencing.
Unfortunately, one of the sites (not the one I am working from) cannot
use any of the internet-based solutions due to firewall restrictions.
Getting my fortune-500 company to change the firewall configuration is
not very feasible.

I would like some simple, affordable point-to-point software that will
allow a direct connection to the remote team member on the corporate
intranet instead of requiring connection to an internet server. Our IT
department has locked down NetMeeting, so that option appears to be
out. Any ideas?

sdaconsulting@nc.rr.com wrote:

> Is there any reasonably-price software that will work point-to-point
> for video chat on Windows? I purchased a logitech Quickcam Pro 4000
> and am trying to use in a corporate environment for videoconferencing.
> Unfortunately, one of the sites (not the one I am working from) cannot
> use any of the internet-based solutions due to firewall restrictions.
> Getting my fortune-500 company to change the firewall configuration is
> not very feasible.
>
> I would like some simple, affordable point-to-point software that will
> allow a direct connection to the remote team member on the corporate
> intranet instead of requiring connection to an internet server. Our IT
> department has locked down NetMeeting, so that option appears to be
> out. Any ideas?

not without spending some money, but if you need to find a secure way trough
firewalls checkout VCON's SecureConnect....

http://www.vcon.com/solutions/management_systems/SC/index.shtml

cheers
never

dilbert

Distinguished
May 11, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

There is a good and easy solution for H323 videoconferencing over NAT
and Firewall from a company called Edgewater Networks. Check them out.
http://www.edgewaternetworks.com

Their box acts as a router and provides NAT and firewall traversal for
H323 video and Voip.

never trust <nevertrust@gmx.li> wrote in message news:<clbgut$65h$05$2@news.t-online.com>...
> sdaconsulting@nc.rr.com wrote:
>
> > Is there any reasonably-price software that will work point-to-point
> > for video chat on Windows? I purchased a logitech Quickcam Pro 4000
> > and am trying to use in a corporate environment for videoconferencing.
> > Unfortunately, one of the sites (not the one I am working from) cannot
> > use any of the internet-based solutions due to firewall restrictions.
> > Getting my fortune-500 company to change the firewall configuration is
> > not very feasible.
> >
> > I would like some simple, affordable point-to-point software that will
> > allow a direct connection to the remote team member on the corporate
> > intranet instead of requiring connection to an internet server. Our IT
> > department has locked down NetMeeting, so that option appears to be
> > out. Any ideas?
>
> not without spending some money, but if you need to find a secure way trough
> firewalls checkout VCON's SecureConnect....
>
> http://www.vcon.com/solutions/management_systems/SC/index.shtml
>
> cheers
> never

Latest posts