Join in the Domain

srinivas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

I installed windows 2000 server and ADS also o configured dns. After that i
am trying another 2000 proff system to join the domain it is giving below
problem

The follwing problem occured attempting to join the domain 'server'
The network path not found

How to solve this problem
pls tell me

lee

This is a DNS issue. On the w2k prof machine, make sure the domain suffix
is correct and it is pointing to a valid DNS server in the properties of the
NIC. On the domain controller, make sure it is pointing to a valid INTERNAL
DNS, has the correct domain suffix in the NIC properties and then stop and
restart the netlogon service. That will re-register the domain services in
dns. I have also found it easier to first create a computer account for the
w2k prof machine in Active Directory users and computers before trying to
add it to the domain.

Lee