Sign in with
Your question

D975XBX questions - please help

Last response: in Motherboards
August 3, 2006 1:30:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a D975XBX and am interested in finding a CPU cooler for it. Will the Scythe Ninja work with this motherboard? A friend of mine has one that he is looking to sell but I wanted to confirm it'll work before i buy it.

Also, I noticed that this board has all its RAID drivers on diskette. If I want to start using a raid 5 array (also installing my OS on the raid) will i need a floppy drive or will windows install default drivers which can be updated once i am up and running?

Thanks! :D 

More about : d975xbx questions

August 4, 2006 3:04:01 PM

Can anyone help with these questions?

Pretty please :D 
August 6, 2006 3:27:00 AM

I can only answer your question about raid. You need a floppy drive to do a F6 install of the raid driver when loading XP
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2006 6:28:11 AM

Yes, the Scythe Ninja is compatible with LGA775 boards. Just make sure your friend gives you all of the mounting hardware.
August 6, 2006 8:13:38 PM

I put the Thermaltake Big Typhoon on my S975XBX and X6800 and it works great. Easy to find. Decent price.

Haven't OC'd yet, but will advise as aI do!

My rig:
X6800 Conroe stock clock (for now)
Intel D975XBXLRK
2 GB Corsair Pro PC6400 4-4-4-12
ATI X1900XTX
74GB 10k Raptor
Soundblaster Audigy 2 SZ
Thermaltake Big Typhoon HSF
Ultra X-Finity 600W

August 6, 2006 9:04:44 PM

Another question which I hope you guys will be able to help me with. Otherwise I'm going to cry :cry: 

I purchased the Antec Truepower 2.0 550 Watt PSU for my board as I am doing some major upgrades to my system.

Everythings fine until all of a sudden my MB manual says, connect a 2x4 pin connector from the PSU onto my board...

See here:
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d975x...

The Antec PSU does not have one of these connectors... only a 2x2. what do I do?!

I'm going to be upgrading to a E6600 soon. Will it work?!

If I can use a 2x2 -> 2x4 adapter, will this mean i cant overclock the E6600?
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2006 9:23:22 PM

Google.... i think you're SOL there.
August 6, 2006 9:47:25 PM

Ninja fits real nice on D975XBX, you don't need to worry about that one at all.
August 6, 2006 11:15:04 PM

Hi guys, Im building my first pc and I think im going with the conroe e6600, the mobo test wasted to clear on the winner so I wanted to know which one to get, the intel d97xbxlkr 975x or the asus p5wdh deluxe/asus d2-e premium or the asus p5wdg2-ws. And can someone tell me if I should spend twice the amount of $$ for a x6800 instead of 6600?
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2006 11:29:13 PM

Don't bother with the X6800 unless you have a lot of money to blow. Whichever Core 2 chip you get, don't use the P5WD2-E, or the P5WDG2-WS. Neither of those boards supports the Core 2's. I would go for the Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6. This board supports Conroe and quite possibly (but this hasn't been confirmed yet) Kentsfield out of the box. If it doesn't support Kentsfield out of the box, it will support it with a BIOS update.
August 6, 2006 11:44:04 PM

Quote:
Don't bother with the X6800 unless you have a lot of money to blow. Whichever Core 2 chip you get, don't use the P5WD2-E, or the P5WDG2-WS. Neither of those boards supports the Core 2's. I would go for the Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6. This board supports Conroe and quite possibly (but this hasn't been confirmed yet) Kentsfield out of the box. If it doesn't support Kentsfield out of the box, it will support it with a BIOS update.
wow, a reply in 5 min I love this forum:)  ok Im only able to get a giga ga965p ds3 not the DQ6....I live in canada... But what your saying about kentsfield, should I just wait untill kentsfield/vista/dx10 comes out b4 I buy a new rig? Will a e6600/giga 965p-ds3 be future proof enough to play games at full display settings for the next few years?
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2006 11:54:47 PM

The DQ6 can be found here. It doesn't usually take too long for NCIX to move a new product from the supplier to their warehouses. And if you live near one of their locations (like I do.. :D ) from their warehouses to the stores, only takes 1-2 business days.

If you're close to NCIX, price match it here.
August 8, 2006 1:11:30 PM

Quote:
Another question which I hope you guys will be able to help me with. Otherwise I'm going to cry :cry: 

I purchased the Antec Truepower 2.0 550 Watt PSU for my board as I am doing some major upgrades to my system.

Everythings fine until all of a sudden my MB manual says, connect a 2x4 pin connector from the PSU onto my board...

See here:
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d975x...

The Antec PSU does not have one of these connectors... only a 2x2. what do I do?!

I'm going to be upgrading to a E6600 soon. Will it work?!

If I can use a 2x2 -> 2x4 adapter, will this mean i cant overclock the E6600?

I've got this adaptor(2x2 to 2x4) included with MB (Intel D975XBX).
August 11, 2006 7:09:04 PM

Is the additional 1x4 connector near the mb i/o used for video or cpu stability? I have it plugged in but dont really see a need for it.
a b V Motherboard
August 11, 2006 8:52:51 PM

If there is a power plug on the board, you have to plug something into it, regardless of whether you see a need for it or not.
August 12, 2006 1:10:02 PM

Quote:
I have it plugged in but dont really see a need for it.

If you unpnlug it it's going to dangle around in the case being a nusiance. :roll:

The extra 1x4 socket on the motherboard you refer to is to supply additional power to the PCI-e bus. Anything over 75x requires the additional power. Also, in you BIOS under Advanced> Periphial Configuration Menu> Auxillary power you can enable or disable.

If you have a High power requirement video card the Antec supply also comes with a power cord specifically for the card.

I use tyrap mounting pads and wire ties to secure unneeded cable away from areas that need air flow. They are sticky back pads with slots or loops that allow you to secure a wire tie through them.
August 16, 2006 1:48:11 AM

Quote:
If there is a power plug on the board, you have to plug something into it, regardless of whether you see a need for it or not.

It boots and runs everything fine without it - but I couldnt o/c my X1900XTX as high and keep it stable.
!