Windows 2000 - Services

Hello,

I need to know if there is any tool for determining the sequence of windows
services starting up after a reboot.

We are running an ASP.net application and the sometimes after a reboot, we
need to restart the work web wide publishing service. We want this service to
start last in the boot cycle. We have already set a dependency for it to
start after Messenger service, but still are seeing problems.

Thank you!!!

Emma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to know if there is any tool for determining the sequence of windows
> services starting up after a reboot.
>
> We are running an ASP.net application and the sometimes after a reboot, we
> need to restart the work web wide publishing service. We want this service to
> start last in the boot cycle. We have already set a dependency for it to
> start after Messenger service, but still are seeing problems.

Have to tried to set your service to depend on the world wide web
publishing service (w3svc)?

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Hello Olof,

We already tried that, we have our Service depending on W3SVC, but still for
some reason, we are getting application errors, then when we stop and restart
the World Wide Web Publishing Service, we can use our asp.net application
without any errors.

What I was hoping for was a tool so that we could monitor the start-up
sequence of our services to see what we detect.

Thanks,
Emma

"Emma" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to know if there is any tool for determining the sequence of windows
> services starting up after a reboot.
>
> We are running an ASP.net application and the sometimes after a reboot, we
> need to restart the work web wide publishing service. We want this service to
> start last in the boot cycle. We have already set a dependency for it to
> start after Messenger service, but still are seeing problems.
>
> Thank you!!!

Thanks Olof,

We have tried that already, we have made our Service dependent on the W3SVC
service. What we see though is an application error when we reboot our
server, this happens after all reboots. To get rid of the error, we just need
to Stop and Restart the WWW publishing service. There error goes away then.

We were hoping to monitor services somehow, if there was a tool to do this,
so that we could look closely at what order the services were starting up in.
This would give us an idea of what is causing the problem.

"Olof Lagerkvist" wrote:

> Emma wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to know if there is any tool for determining the sequence of windows
> > services starting up after a reboot.
> >
> > We are running an ASP.net application and the sometimes after a reboot, we
> > need to restart the work web wide publishing service. We want this service to
> > start last in the boot cycle. We have already set a dependency for it to
> > start after Messenger service, but still are seeing problems.
>
> Have to tried to set your service to depend on the world wide web
> publishing service (w3svc)?
>
> --
> Olof Lagerkvist
> ICQ: 724451
> Web page: http://here.is/olof

lee

Here are some switches for the boot.ini that may help you.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239780

You could but a bat file in the startup group with the command iisreset
/restart or place a call to the bat file in the runonce registry value.

Lee