MSCS can be turn in SHARED-EVERYTING cluster mode ?

We need to experiment MSCS in active/active environment, but we expect some
trouble to share physical disk between virtual hosts because MSCS is in
SHARED-NOTHING cluster mode. My question is : is it possible to turn MSCS in
SHARED-EVERYTING cluster mode to permit accessibility on sharable physical
disk ???

No.

Regards,
John

"Clustering mode dans 2000 server ou 2003"
<Clusteringmodedans2000serverou2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C8893B2C-51E4-44E1-A5AD-7E407FF02C90@microsoft.com...
> We need to experiment MSCS in active/active environment, but we expect
some
> trouble to share physical disk between virtual hosts because MSCS is in
> SHARED-NOTHING cluster mode. My question is : is it possible to turn MSCS
in
> SHARED-EVERYTING cluster mode to permit accessibility on sharable physical
> disk ???

I need to proof that, where can I find this information for confirmation ?

Thanks in advance

Eric

"John Toner [MVP]" wrote:

> No.
>
> Regards,
> John
>
> "Clustering mode dans 2000 server ou 2003"
> <Clusteringmodedans2000serverou2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:C8893B2C-51E4-44E1-A5AD-7E407FF02C90@microsoft.com...
> > We need to experiment MSCS in active/active environment, but we expect
> some
> > trouble to share physical disk between virtual hosts because MSCS is in
> > SHARED-NOTHING cluster mode. My question is : is it possible to turn MSCS
> in
> > SHARED-EVERYTING cluster mode to permit accessibility on sharable physical
> > disk ???

Try this:

http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/support/faqs/Clustering_faq.asp

Regards,
John

"Eric_Bouchard" <EricBouchard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to proof that, where can I find this information for confirmation ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Eric
>
> "John Toner [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > No.
> >
> > Regards,
> > John
> >
> > "Clustering mode dans 2000 server ou 2003"
> > <Clusteringmodedans2000serverou2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:C8893B2C-51E4-44E1-A5AD-7E407FF02C90@microsoft.com...
> > > We need to experiment MSCS in active/active environment, but we expect
> > some
> > > trouble to share physical disk between virtual hosts because MSCS is
in
> > > SHARED-NOTHING cluster mode. My question is : is it possible to turn
MSCS
> > in
> > > SHARED-EVERYTING cluster mode to permit accessibility on sharable
physical
> > > disk ???

TRENDING THREADS