Can I manually adjust an LCD Monitor's Shape?

thegoat54

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Hi There,

I've never owned an LCD screen so I dont know the answer to this question.

Are TFT Monitors fully adjustable as in shape like regular CRT monitors?

Like can I play with those buttons on the front to maybe drag the top, bottom, and sides in 2 inchs or so?

Is there any kind of software that could shrink my windows desktop if this is not possible?

Thanks for the help everyone. . . .

nategarst

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
LOL, I was going to suggest a hammer or similar blunt object to adjust shape. Yes you should be able to adjust the screen.

G

I think The LCDs are somewhat easyier to bent due to their decreased volume; I'd try heating it up a little before you start bending; and a quick dip into cold water when you achieved the desired shape so the form will stay...

MCMONOPOLY

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
I think The LCDs are somewhat easyier to bent due to their decreased volume; I'd try heating it up a little before you start bending; and a quick dip into cold water when you achieved the desired shape so the form will stay...

Wouldn't that also make the LCD panel tempered?! :lol:

G

Would probably cause a very bad mood on the LCD-side indeed :lol:

MCMONOPOLY

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006

Would probably cause a very bad mood on the LCD-side indeed :lol:

ROFL :lol: Good one... :trophy:

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
lcd's are pretty much automatic though, in that you shouldn't have to adjust them in the first place, as far as filling up the entire screen...maybe the colors and settings but not the size of the picture

thegoat54

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I know they are automatic.

I want to shrink the picture though so that I can project it. my 15 inch lcd needs to be 2 inchs narrorer to fit on my projactor without being cut off.

any ideas?

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
I know they are automatic.

I want to shrink the picture though so that I can project it. my 15 inch lcd needs to be 2 inchs narrorer to fit on my projactor without being cut off.

any ideas?

uH?

G

I guess he wants to disassemble his LCD and put it on an overhead projector; just as in the project tom's once did, remember?