Net start - net stop

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 13, 2004 2:16:56 PM

Is possible to start and stop service from a remote
pc inside a batch file?

Thanks Andrea

More about : net start net stop

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 3:51:14 PM

Andrea Moro wrote:

> Is possible to start and stop service from a remote
> pc inside a batch file?

Yes, if you use the sc command instead of net. sc is included in Windows
XP and Server 2003 and for earlier NT/2000 versions it is available in
resource kits.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

well ... I tried it ... but something strange was happened
"Olof Lagerkvist" <no@email.address> wrote in message
> Andrea Moro wrote:
>
>> Is possible to start and stop service from a remote
>> pc inside a batch file?
>
> Yes, if you use the sc command instead of net. sc is included in Windows
> XP and Server 2003 and for earlier NT/2000 versions it is available in
> resource kits.
>
> --
> Olof Lagerkvist
> ICQ: 724451
> Web page: http://here.is/olof

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 10:01:18 PM

well ... I tried it ... but something strange was returned as
result. I've done on a w2k pro

sc \\remote_server query

to get a list of its services ... list was terrible long, but strange
thing was that service I was looking for wasn't displayed
and a start and stop command return error message "service isn't
available" or something like that.
The other strange thing was that a themes service was displayed
by the query command, but on w2k pro themes doesn't exist
(at least this is what I know) ...

What could be the problem?

Thank
Andrea