Net start - net stop

Is possible to start and stop service from a remote
pc inside a batch file?

Thanks Andrea
3 answers Last reply
More about start stop

    Andrea Moro wrote:

    > Is possible to start and stop service from a remote
    > pc inside a batch file?

    Yes, if you use the sc command instead of net. sc is included in Windows
    XP and Server 2003 and for earlier NT/2000 versions it is available in
    resource kits.

    --
    Olof Lagerkvist
    ICQ: 724451

    well ... I tried it ... but something strange was happened
    "Olof Lagerkvist" <no@email.address> wrote in message
    > Andrea Moro wrote:
    >
    >> Is possible to start and stop service from a remote
    >> pc inside a batch file?
    >
    > Yes, if you use the sc command instead of net. sc is included in Windows
    > XP and Server 2003 and for earlier NT/2000 versions it is available in
    > resource kits.
    >
    > --
    > Olof Lagerkvist
    > ICQ: 724451
    > Web page: http://here.is/olof

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    well ... I tried it ... but something strange was returned as
    result. I've done on a w2k pro

    sc \\remote_server query

    to get a list of its services ... list was terrible long, but strange
    thing was that service I was looking for wasn't displayed
    and a start and stop command return error message "service isn't
    available" or something like that.
    The other strange thing was that a themes service was displayed
    by the query command, but on w2k pro themes doesn't exist
    (at least this is what I know) ...

    What could be the problem?

    Thank
    Andrea