"APPLE Finally Goes With AMD"

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
OK. We have Acer, HP, IBM, SUN, Dell, Voodoo, Alienware, Falcon NorthWest (and Apple) selling AMD systems. It's a matter of fact that AMD will achieve their goal of 30% market share sooner than later. 8)

At the end of this year, AMD will close a deal that will have Apple buying AMD chips for the first time.

AMD will close the deal, all right. The question is, will Apple keep using ATI, which is being acquired by AMD (it's all over but the foregone shareholders' vote), as a supplier for its critical graphics components? For all it's worth (rather little), I'm on record as supporting AMD selling ATI technology under the AMD brand. In other words, Intel OEMs that use ATI cards or integrated graphics chips will be issued new badge stickers saying, "AMD Inside."

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/08/apple_finally_g.html

mpjesse

Splendid
*sighs* Getting our news from blogs now are we?

At least The Inq. puts up the facade that their a reputable news site.

Seriously man, you're sinking to new lows.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
OK. We have Acer, HP, IBM, SUN, Dell, Voodoo, Alienware, Falcon NorthWest (and Apple) selling AMD systems. It's a matter of fact that AMD will achieve their goal of 30% market share sooner than later. 8)

At the end of this year, AMD will close a deal that will have Apple buying AMD chips for the first time.

AMD will close the deal, all right. The question is, will Apple keep using ATI, which is being acquired by AMD (it's all over but the foregone shareholders' vote), as a supplier for its critical graphics components? For all it's worth (rather little), I'm on record as supporting AMD selling ATI technology under the AMD brand. In other words, Intel OEMs that use ATI cards or integrated graphics chips will be issued new badge stickers saying, "AMD Inside."

It's a blogsite for Tom Yager, he's notoriously anti Intel much like MMM.

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
What's the point? Intel still will have more than AMD.

Once AMD gets 30% of the market, there will be no way intel can recover that again. All I want is AMD to capture 40-50% market share and trust me that we'll never see top-end processors costing more than $700 u.s and then that day I'll give a damn about AMD or intel. :wink:

Once AMD gets 30% of the market, there will be no way intel can recover that again. All I want is AMD to capture 40-50% market share and trust me that we'll never see top-end processors costing more than $700 u.s and then that day I'll give a damn about AMD or intel. :wink:

9-Inch is right about Intel having trouble with AMD gaining market share. Intel will have a lot of excess capacity if AMD continues to gain.

Also, imagine if AMD had more revenues to invest into R&D. Their products would become even more sophisticated.

Bosaka

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Wow nice pile of b***s*** - Like apple is gonna drop Intel after promoting all this marketing about switching to intel chips. BWAHAHAHAHA - gonna have to don my M.O.P.P-4 Gear to wade through this crap.

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006

i'm very curious. what do you usually do during your normal days? just sit in front of your computer and search the entire internet for AMD's good news?

get a life

Wow nice pile of ******** - Like apple is gonna drop Intel after promoting all this marketing about switching to intel chips. BWAHAHAHAHA - gonna have to don my M.O.P.P-4 Gear to wade through this crap.

lol

Apple shouldn't drop Intel. However, they should do the Dell thing and start working with both companies. Don't limit yourself to one supplier.

rochin

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006

i'm very curious. what do you usually do during your normal days? just sit in front of your computer and search the entire internet for AMD's good news?

get a life

This is where your mistaken. This IS his life. He has nothing better to do that search the internet for all kinds of ******** about AMD ruling the world and such. If you look all his posts are usually just 1 post by him with some bullshit about AMD. He never defends them for the most part and now he is using blogs to get his news. I think i will go write a blog right now about AMD announcing a Hexcore CPU with 2GB cache that uses 4 watts of power. 9-inch does these posts for one thing only, he loves to see people all fired up and argue. He is a totally helpless and worthless edited.

jap0nes

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
It's a matter of fact that AMD will achieve their goal of 30% market share sooner than later.

BTW, Dell, Apple are morons, they get AMD now that Conroe is better.
on the other side, they used intel during all the time that amd was better... even more morons

theaxemaster

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Wow nice pile of bullshit - Like apple is gonna drop Intel after promoting all this marketing about switching to intel chips. BWAHAHAHAHA - gonna have to don my M.O.P.P-4 Gear to wade through this crap.

lol

Apple shouldn't drop Intel. However, they should do the Dell thing and start working with both companies. Don't limit yourself to one supplier.

Especially since:

a) the 32 bit setups are essentially interchangable
b) you could actually use the 64-bitness of AMD's fully due to OS design better lending itself to 64 bit computing than some windows hackjob (re: XP-64)
c) you will be able to get a fully integrated solution from one company

in regards to b), IMO they really should have started with AMD and added intel later. Its not like it is a huge volume market and they NEEDED intel due to supply issues (like Dell).

JohnWeldt

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Good to see AMD starting to gain ground. Maybe the two will play off each other more and result in better products.

The name 9inch always gets me. Good thing 9inch is push for AMD and not for me. 8O

jap0nes

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
Wow nice pile of bullshit - Like apple is gonna drop Intel after promoting all this marketing about switching to intel chips. BWAHAHAHAHA - gonna have to don my M.O.P.P-4 Gear to wade through this crap.

lol

Especially since:

a) the 32 bit setups are essentially interchangable
b) you could actually use the 64-bitness of AMD's fully due to OS design better lending itself to 64 bit computing than some windows hackjob (re: XP-64)
c) you will be able to get a fully integrated solution from one company

in regards to b), IMO they really should have started with AMD and added intel later. Its not like it is a huge volume market and they NEEDED intel due to supply issues (like Dell).
Apple could benefit from amd's price cuts and those low power turions for instance.
regarding c) it could be some kind of centrino, but with graphics instead of wireless and chipset.

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
It's a matter of fact that AMD will achieve their goal of 30% market share sooner than later.

I think this is the point:

As consumers, we all should be thankful for a strong and viable AMD. They have-

1. Kept Intel honest
2. Pushed the "state of the art"
3. Kept prices low
4. And finally, given everyone on these forums, something to talk about! :lol: :lol:

Let's all hope AMD stays strong in the market place. If they do we'll all benefit.

Cabletwitch

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I'm worried now. Its been almost a whole page of comments, and ActionMan hasnt shown up to deliver his usual derogatory one-liner.

Its the end of the forum as we know it! :D

second_derivative

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
QUICK EVERYBODY GOTO www.intelsux.fanboyblog.com. I got breaking news on this blog, that i just started. by the way, i am 12 and so excited to write about my favorite processor. i think AMD will soon buy Apple and Intel and then the White House. OMG i'd be so happy. so please go to my new blog and read all about it.

and before i get flamed by some retard.... read: sarcasm

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006

BTW, Dell, Apple are morons, they get AMD now that Conroe is better.
on the other side, they used intel during all the time that amd was better... even more morons

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always said that Macs are for girls... And morons, obviously. :wink:
(Look at Steve Jobs, and how he got screwed by Bill Gates. :twisted: )

"AMD Inside" <---- :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've got to photoshop THAT! :lol:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

One link for you 9 inch

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-773770276749807883&q=apple+kills

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006

One link for you 9 inch

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i saw this months ago, but its still hilarious :lol:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

One link for you 9 inch

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i saw this months ago, but its still hilarious :lol:

Yah, its like 3 years old, but I still get a laugh out it

Peace

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
One link for you 9 inch

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You could say that guy hates Macs... :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dunno, I think he was holding something back. Maybe he should make another video and just let it all out :wink:

Peace

TRENDING THREADS