Performance Alert Run Program not working

mark

We have been trying several ways to run a command file to perform a function
when an alert has happened on Windows 2000 server. We can not get even a
simple script to run. Can someone help with this or has anyone else tried to
do this. We created a simple cmd file to rename a file and we tried to copy a
file. Neither one works when the alarm occurs. The event gets logged in the
event viewer though.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:25:53 -0700, "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have been trying several ways to run a command file to perform a function
>when an alert has happened on Windows 2000 server. We can not get even a
>simple script to run. Can someone help with this or has anyone else tried to
>do this. We created a simple cmd file to rename a file and we tried to copy a
>file. Neither one works when the alarm occurs. The event gets logged in the
>event viewer though.

See tip 3047 and link in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

mark

Jerold Thanks for your help. I think this might do it. I will test.