AMD rulz Core 2 In 64 bit

No, not really, just a tactic to try and trick the horde into looking at factual data.

X2 experiances a 16% perfromance improvement going from 32 bit to 64 bit
Core 2 experiances a 10% perfromance improvement going from 32 bit to 64 bit

Net RESPECTIVE difference = 6% in favor of AMD in the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit.

When integrated into the RELATIVE difference between Core 2 and X2 the results are an overall 14% perfromance increase for Core 2 over X2 in 64bit.

The full story here:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2duo-64bit.html

Peace
70 answers Last reply
More about rulz core
  1. Quote:
    No, not really, just a tactic to try and trick the horde into looking at factual data.

X2 experiances a 16% perfromance improvement going from 32 bit to 64 bit
    Core 2 experiances a 10% perfromance improvement going from 32 bit to 64 bit

Net RESPECTIVE difference = 6% in favor of AMD in the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit.

When integrated into the RELATIVE difference between Core 2 and X2 the results are an overall 14% perfromance increase for Core 2 over X2 in 64bit.

The full story here:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2duo-64bit.html

Peace

i thought Jack posted this a long time ago. however, if you want to get 9nm and BaronBS to look at this factual data, its fine with me.

on a side note, Jack proved and concluded that X2s only get 12% increase instead of 16% increase under 64bit mode. Also, percentage is a relative term, since it is referred to its original value.

In addition, given the fact that Core 2 is already 20% superior than X2s, 10% of that 20% is probably going to be greater than X2's 12%.

but, keep up the good work. :D
  2. Quote:
    As we have expected, nothing serious has happened. CPUs with Intel Core microarchitecture and EM64T technology work normally in 64-bit modes. No dramatic performance drop has been detected in most benchmarks.

Of course, there are a few applications, when Core 2 Duo work slower in their 64-bit versions than it would in their 32-bit ones. Among them are Windows Media Encoder 9 or 7-zip archiving tool, for instance. However, since the other testing participants have also lost some of their performance in these tasks, the problem is most likely to be not in the microarchitecture. EM64T technology of Core 2 Duo processors has a positive effect on the performance in the majority of applications.

Quote:
    The average performance improvement we have seen from Athlon 64 FX-62 equaled 16%, while Core 2 Extreme X6800 demonstrated only 10% average performance boost. This way, there is a certain difference: AMD K8 turns out 6% mode efficient in 64-bit mode than Intel Core. However, this difference cannot compensate for the 20% performance advantage of the Intel Core 2 Duo over the Athlon 64 X2 working at the same clock speed, which we have pointed out in our previous articles. Therefore, we will not change our conclusions about the performance of the new Intel processors even keeping in mind the upcoming launch of 64-bit Windows Vista OS family.

Your own source just pwned your point.
  3. I am gonna smash a load of statistics right back at you.

overall preformance increase (x6800 vs FX-62) = 28.9% in games

this means

FX-62 = 100%
    X6800= 128.9%

for 64 bit
    FX-62:
    100%+16% = 100*1.16= 116% This figure of preformance is still under X6800 using 32bit code
    X6800:
    128.9%+10%= 128.9*1.1= 141.79%

difference between the two

116/116*100 = base line=100% (for comparison)
    141.79/116*100= x6800 = 122.3276%

This means if the games were to use similar coding to those benchmarks in future the Core 2 Extreme will be 22.3276% faster than the FX-62

Stop trying to support the fucking AMD, AMD had its day. Overall they lose.
    Hopefully they will try really hard to kick intels ass after being wallopped against a wall so hard which is exactly what happened to intel origionally.

Core 2 Duo has ruled this year at least, we have to wait and see the REAL figures when Vista comes out. Almost all, if not EVERYTHING should be 64bit then.
  4. Quote:
    I am gonna smash a load of statistics right back at you.

overall preformance increase (x6800 vs FX-62) = 28.9% in games

this means

FX-62 = 100%
    X6800= 128.9%

for 64 bit
    FX-62:
    100%+16% = 100*1.16= 116% This figure of preformance is still under X6800 using 32bit code
    X6800:
    128.9%+10%= 128.9*1.1= 141.79%

difference between the two

116/116*100 = base line=100% (for comparison)
    141.79/116*100= x6800 = 122.3276%

This means if the games were to use similar coding to those benchmarks in future the Core 2 Extreme will be 22.3276% faster than the FX-62

Stop trying to support the ****** AMD, AMD had its day. Overall they lose.
    Hopefully they will try really hard to kick intels ass after being wallopped against a wall so hard which is exactly what happened to intel origionally.

Core 2 Duo has ruled this year at least, we have to wait and see the REAL figures when Vista comes out. Almost all, if not EVERYTHING should be 64bit then.

^^This^^ translates to:

Quote:
    The average performance improvement we have seen from Athlon 64 FX-62 equaled 16%, while Core 2 Extreme X6800 demonstrated only 10% average performance boost. This way, there is a certain difference: AMD K8 turns out 6% mode efficient in 64-bit mode than Intel Core. However, this difference cannot compensate for the 20% performance advantage of the Intel Core 2 Duo over the Athlon 64 X2 working at the same clock speed, which we have pointed out in our previous articles. Therefore, we will not change our conclusions about the performance of the new Intel processors even keeping in mind the upcoming launch of 64-bit Windows Vista OS family.

Which is in the article he quoted. Stupid fanboys find information and then only pick out the bits and peices they want.
  5. I started writing my post before your post was even there, it took ages to do all those calculations :? but at least I have proved my point. Now I gotta get some bench marking software desperately!

I have my E6700 and I want to compare to my D805 3.6OC

What is the best stuff to benchmark my CPU with and where do you get fraps :oops: , gimmie a link I cant be arsed to google
  6. Hey I just bought a Dell E1705 with Core Duo, I guess there is a big difference in performance from it to Core 2? If so will I ever be able to put one on this board?
  7. Quote:
    I started writing my post before your post was even there, it took ages to do all those calculations :? but at least I have proved my point.

I didn't want to confuse the poor fanboy so I tried to make the connection for him. Thanks for writing out all that "math" stuff. Fanboys love misleading graphs in favor of raw performance.

So, AMD Fanboys, if you want to have the pleasure of knowing you'll get a bigger boost from the 32-bit to 64-bit transition, go with AMD.

However, if you want BETTER performance period, go with Intel.
  8. Quote:
    Hey I just bought a Dell E1705 with Core Duo, I guess there is a big difference in performance from it to Core 2?

Yes, HUGE difference.

Quote:
    If so will I ever be able to put one on this board?

I don't know.
  9. Unless I'm mistaken, the point he was trying to make was the same point the article made:

Intel benefits less from 64-bit on Core 2, but their performance lead is such that they still enjoy a performance advantage over FX-62 in 64-bit mode.

I believe that turpit was saying exactly that... he only titled his post as such to make the "horde" look at the factual data.
  10. Bingo,

We have a winner!!

Zoron and the Viper both were able to READ the actual first post!

He was trying to get the Horde on here 9nm, shakiraboob, Mrs D, Lordpoop, Parrot,..........

He wanted them to respond to the title given the info actually is IN FAVOR of the Intel.

Bait and Switch!!
  11. Quote:
    Unless I'm mistaken, the point he was trying to make was the same point the article made:

Intel benefits less from 64-bit on Core 2, but their performance lead is such that they still enjoy a performance advantage over FX-62 in 64-bit mode.

I believe that turpit was saying exactly that... he only titled his post as such to make the "horde" look at the factual data.

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

WINNA

Well, at least one person actually read the post instead of just the title

Peace
  12. Quote:
    Bingo,

We have a winner!!

Zoron and the Viper both were able to READ the actual first post!

He was trying to get the Horde on here 9nm, shakiraboob, Mrs D, Lordpoop, Parrot,..........

He wanted them to respond to the title given the info actually is IN FAVOR of the Intel.

Bait and Switch!!

WINNA # 2

Thats 2. maybe the rest will go back and actually read the post instead of just the title.

Peace
  13. Quote:
    I started writing my post before your post was even there, it took ages to do all those calculations :? but at least I have proved my point.

I didn't want to confuse the poor fanboy so I tried to make the connection for him. Thanks for writing out all that "math" stuff. Fanboys love misleading graphs in favor of raw performance.

So, AMD Fanboys, if you want to have the pleasure of knowing you'll get a bigger boost from the 32-bit to 64-bit transition, go with AMD.

However, if you want BETTER performance period, go with Intel.

Dude, Im just rolling on the floor laughing.

Please, GO READ THE FIRST LINE OF THE POST, not just the topic line

Peace
  14. Quote:
    Dude, Im just rolling on the floor laughing.

Please, GO READ THE FIRST LINE OF THE POST, not just the topic line

Peace

I misunderstood what you were trying to say because of your misleading title. My apologies. ( I read your title and skipped to your data without reading what I thought was going to be typical fanboy stuff)

As a result I will ROFLCOPTER myself.

<------------
  15. Excellent response.... We need more people including myself that should be ABLE to be wrong and have fun with it! :D
  16. Quote:

i thought Jack posted this a long time ago. however, if you want to get 9nm and BaronBS to look at this factual data, its fine with me.

on a side note, Jack proved and concluded that X2s only get 12% increase instead of 16% increase under 64bit mode. Also, percentage is a relative term, since it is referred to its original value.

In addition, given the fact that Core 2 is already 20% superior than X2s, 10% of that 20% is probably going to be greater than X2's 12%.

but, keep up the good work. :D

:oops: I missed that one. Do you remember which thread it was in?

WINNA

Peace
  17. Quote:

I misunderstood what you were trying to say because of your misleading title. My apologies. ( I read your title and skipped to your data without reading what I thought was going to be typical fanboy stuff)

No prob. Thats actually what I had intended, but it was aimed at baiting the horde into reading the data :wink:

Peace
  18. Quote:

WINNA

Peace

lolz.. i was wondering when i'll get my trophy of the day :lol:

here is the link:
    http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/quot-Conroe-Problematic-64-bit-Performance-quotftopic-192830-days0-orderasc-100.html

...it was started by 9nm as "Core's problematic 64bit performance", and it got locked like.. 2 days after it started :lol:
  19. Quote:

WINNA

Peace

lolz.. i was wondering when i'll get my trophy of the day :lol:

here is the link:
    http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/quot-Conroe-Problematic-64-bit-Performance-quotftopic-192830-days0-orderasc-100.html

...it was started by 9nm as "Core's problematic 64bit performance", and it got locked like.. 2 days after it started :lol:

:oops: I did see that one, but I concentrated on the bottom graph. Guess Im guilty of being an Anti Jack

Peace
  20. OLD NEWS, AND SEARCH BEFORE POSTING!!!
  21. This forum is infested with ugly arguments about all this A64 v C2d stuff.

C2D > A64 > P4

That's pretty much all there is to it.
  22. One chip still does not make up for all the crap that Intel has forced on the consumers over the years. Plus, I look at the Core 2 being a response by Intel by getting its a$$ handed to it in the dual core arena from the start. I hardly doubt that this will be the end of AMD as some Intel pundiots would tell you. If Intel wants to be a leader, then they need to act like it. So far, I have seen very little from Intel showing that they can be a leader, they do better at reacting than leading.

Frankly, I will remain an AMD fan because I know I can trust their product more than I can Intel. Of course, if I want to heat my house this winter I will definately go out and buy some Intel processors because I know they will do a great job of it. If I want a fire, I will get a Mac Cube.
  23. Quote:
    This forum is infested with ugly arguments about all this A64 v C2d stuff.

C2D > A64 > P4

Congratulations, you're in my sig.
  24. Quote:
    One chip still does not make up for all the crap that Intel has forced on the consumers over the years. Plus, I look at the Core 2 being a response by Intel by getting its a$$ handed to it in the dual core arena from the start. I hardly doubt that this will be the end of AMD as some Intel pundiots would tell you. If Intel wants to be a leader, then they need to act like it. So far, I have seen very little from Intel showing that they can be a leader, they do better at reacting than leading.

Frankly, I will remain an AMD fan because I know I can trust their product more than I can Intel. Of course, if I want to heat my house this winter I will definately go out and buy some Intel processors because I know they will do a great job of it. If I want a fire, I will get a Mac Cube.

The above is a perfect example of the problem. People who obsess so much, they confuse reality with ideals. This problem is called delusion.

Allow me to dilute your delusion: Intel is a leader? A leader of whom? A leader of people? The leader of the United Nations?

Quote:
    One chip still does not make up for all the crap that Intel has forced on the consumers over the years

Intel is a commercial enterprise . Intel is not a "leader” They do not enact legislation, they do not enforce policy, they do not support and defend ideals. They manufacture products. Products which are consumed in a free market. Period. They did not "force" anything upon you. The "Intel Consumption Enforcement Squad" did not hunt you down, hold a gun to your head and force you to buy their products. Such a preposterous thing doesn’t exist. You chose.

Now, by leader, if you mean a leader of the technology of the market they are competing in, then based on commercial products currently available to the retail consumer, Intel is the leader. For the moment

Quote:
    Frankly, I will remain an AMD fan because I know I can trust their product more than I can Intel. Of course, if I want to heat my house this winter I will definitely go out and buy some Intel processors because I know they will do a great job of it. If I want a fire, I will get a Mac Cube

Before we proceed we need to do a few things. First, we need to clear up a misconception on your part about heat. in AMD vs. P4, your above statement would be correct. In AMD vs. Core 2, your statement is wrong.

http://informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=190400181
    http://www.itnews.com.au/newsstory.aspx?CIaNID=34904&src=site-marq

Next we need to state the definitions of a few words

Dumb: to lack the intellectual capacity to solve problems or successfully use information
    Ignorant: to lack information, regardless of intellectual capacity
    Stupid: to possess the necessary information and intellectual capacity to correctly solve a problem, but to fail to do so.
    Intelligent: To possess the intellectual capacity to solve problems

That done, lets state a problem. A consumer needs a new computer now. The information provided shows Intel’s Core 2’s performance exceeds that of AMD's comparable products by a margin of 20% (12% in 64 bit) The information further proves that in price/unit of performance, Core 2 is a better value than AMD's products. The consumer chooses AMD. Which of the above definitions applies to the consumer?

Let’s use the same problem, but go back six months, and substitute P4 for Conroe. The consumer chooses AMD. Which of the above definitions applies to the consumer in this case?

You have the information. The question that remains, is do you possess the intellectual capacity to make use of that information. For the most part, it’s a free planet. If you wish to purchase a superseded product, it is your choice. But what does that make you? IMO the answer is obvious

Oh, one last thing. Were you attempting to imply I am an Intel fanboy?

Quote:
    I hardly doubt that this will be the end of AMD as some Intel pundiots would tell you.

If so, you better send the AMD Fanboy squad to my house to confiscate the AMD Athlon XP3200 I’m writing this on.
  25. Quote:
    This forum is infested with ugly arguments about all this A64 v C2d stuff.

C2D > A64 > P4

WINNA

Peace
  26. redundant
  27. Good post sir. :D
  28. That is not fair,

That is like asking the guy a loaded question.

Well boy, you are either Dumb, Ignorant, or Stupid, well boy which is it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  29. Quote:
    People who obsess so much, they confuse reality with ideals. This problem is called delusion.

Allow me to dilute your delusion: Intel is a leader? A leader of whom? A leader of people? The leader of the United Nations?

Great response. To me, the biggest headache from AMD fanboys of late is their insistence that AMD is morally superior to Intel.

To which I respond:

NO PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANY IS MORALLY SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER!!!
    Once you go public, your responsibility is to your shareholders, it is their money you're playing with! Do you think people don't mind if their 401k retirement money is invested in AMD's program to "Plant flowers at every street corner, so the world will be a prettier place", while Intel is making faster chips with more cores?

Once agin (I will type it slower so fanboys can keep up):

NO PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANY IS MORALLY SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER!!!

This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays. :)
  30. Quote:
    That is not fair,

That is like asking the guy a loaded question.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MMmmmm,, Yah, when I think about it, I have to agree you have a point.

But I did include intelligent as an option. Whether or or not the definition fits, well......

Peace :D
  31. hey, thx :)
  32. in conclusion (mine)

A64 64bit proccess may be better than intels EM64T, but however core 2 is still better than A64 in both 32 and 64 bit
  33. This is for turpit, get a life, there is more to the world than just technology. I come on here to see more if there is intellegent chat but unfortuantely I have yet to see any. My commments are my own, not for you to think that it is something that you can just berate because you are sitting behind a computer and dont' have to worry about someone coming to your door and ....well I will leave it at that.

As for Intel not cramming their crap down our throat. What about all the billions of $$$ that they spent for "Intel Inside" The Blue Men and so on in trying to tell us that the Pentium was all that. Are you telling me that they aren't trying to cram it down our throat when their inane commercials are all over the television.

Hype is still hype wheither it comes from a AMD fanboy or an Intel diehard. It is still hype when it comes from Tom's Hardware or Tech Republic. I prefer to see what happens in reality rather than listen to all the hype. It seems like you buy into the hype more than letting the facts slowly fill in over time.

Personally, I will still buy AMD. I don't plan on buying Intel anytime ever. It is not a product that I feel deserves my money because they have not proven to me that they can put out a quality product for a long period of time.

Now, you can throw every chart you want at me, it still doesn't change the fact that that chart means nothing only what some lab put together in clean conditions. I have yet to see a server room that is perfectly clean or even a home that is. I like to see what happens over time. What happens when a computer gets hotter than it should over a period of time. 3 weeks is not enough time to determine if a CPU is going to last or not. I am one that does not immediately run out to the store to buy the latest and greatest. I like to let some time go by and see what really happens in real life. What happens 3-6 months down the road rather than upon immediate release.

On a more personal note, I really don't think that Core 2 will be that great over all. Technology is constantly changing and it is merely a minor footnote to history. Whether or not it will be a real success or not, will be determined in the coming years.

On your power comment, its amazing that it was AMD that offered better power conservation first then Intel finally came along after constantly increasing the power requirement. That sounds to me like Intel was playing catch up not innovating.

Enough of my personal opinion soap box. PLEASE NOTE I SAID PERSONAL OPINION!!!! ONCE AGAIN, IT WAS MY PERSONAL OPINION, DID YOU GET THAT OR DO I NEED TO SAY IT AGAIN THAT IT WAS MY PERSONAL OPINION.

There, now please step away from your computer and go out and do something that has nothing to do with technology.
  34. Man you have issues.

You come onto a common forum and expect ettiquette?

You are obviously a technology oriented person since your sig kinda hints to that.

We are not hiding behind some glass house. We are chatting about what is available. If you chose to purchase AMD fine. It is your choice. But you are indeed an a fanboy the likes of which you just fussed at.

You fail to recognize Intels current accomplishments. That too is fine. It is narrow minded but none the less fine.

People here, are taking issue with the folks that might steer people "away or to" a specific technology when they do not even understand fully what they are talking about, as I sometimes do not.

The difference being, I will tell people that I do not know or I will just NOT post.

You are telling people to get a life while on the same forum for which you now obviously have no life. /me scratches head!!

Welcome to the forums. I wish you luck in your attitude/endeavours.
  35. PS...

You are going to be upset over a company ADVERTISING?

Sounds like you may need to stop watching television too if ads bother you.
  36. Quote:
    PS...

You are going to be upset over a company ADVERTISING?

Sounds like you may need to stop watching television too if ads bother you.

he claims he doesnt watch tv and intel is brainwashing ppl w/ their marketing.
  37. Mmmmmmmmmm K!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  38. Quote:
    in conclusion (mine)

A64 64bit proccess may be better than intels EM64T, but however core 2 is still better than A64 in both 32 and 64 bit

Correct. Not to mention having different sets of benchmarks may have Core 2 Duo having greater advantage in 64-bit over A64.
  39. Quote:
    This is for turpit, get a life, there is more to the world than just technology. I come on here to see more if there is intellegent chat but unfortuantely I have yet to see any. My commments are my own, not for you to think that it is something that you can just berate because you are sitting behind a computer and dont' have to worry about someone coming to your door and ....well I will leave it at that.

First, if you feel so strongly that your thoughts are your own, then you should keep them to yourself. When you choose to post your thoughts on a public forum, you open them to public debate and public comment. That is why these are called forums, and not blogs. If you wish to publicly state your opinions without opening yourself to debate, then you should create your own blog, or if you have a blog, then you should restrict yourself to it.
    Second, if you didn’t notice, your “thoughts” were [in reply to turpit]. When you chose to reply to me, you opened yourself to response from me, just as I opened myself to comment from anyone who chose to read my post. No where in my post did I solicit or demand responses from anyone. Anyone who wished had the right to respond, or the right not to respond. You chose. Had you not wished for a response from me, then you should not have responded to me.
    As for intelligent chat, I believed that was covered in my previous post

Quote:
    As for Intel not cramming their crap down our throat. What about all the billions of $$$ that they spent for "Intel Inside" The Blue Men and so on in trying to tell us that the Pentium was all that. Are you telling me that they aren't trying to cram it down our throat when their inane commercials are all over the television.

It is interesting that you go to great lengths to state your opinions are your own, not for me to think I can berate etc etc etc, yet you berate Intel for advertising their product and their OPINION of their product. This sounds amazingly like the proverbial pot calling the kettle black. You seem to function under the impression that “cramming” your opinion down my “throat” is somehow different that that which you accuse Intel of doing.
    Again Intel did not "force" anything upon you. The "Intel Consumption Enforcement Squad" did not hunt you down, hold a gun to your head and force you to buy their products. Intel did not force you to buy a television, nor did they force you to watch their commercials. As to how they spend their “billions of $$$”, for someone who seems to place prerogative above reproach, you should not be berating the Intel corporation for exercising their prerogative. You made the decision not to turn the tube off or change the channel, not Intel.

Quote:
    Hype is still hype wheither it comes from a AMD fanboy or an Intel diehard. It is still hype when it comes from Tom's Hardware or Tech Republic. I prefer to see what happens in reality rather than listen to all the hype. It seems like you buy into the hype more than letting the facts slowly fill in over time.

To what hype, precisely, are you referring? Intel’s marketing campaign, or the dozens upon dozens of reviews and benchmarks which show the Core 2 CPU to outperform AMD’s current offerings? If you believe these reviews to be hype, then you do not know the definition of hype.

Hype: (noun) Publicity, propaganda, buildup, hard sell (adjective) advertise, build up, plug, tout.

Is Intel hyping Core 2? Yes. Is THG, Anands, Extreme Tech, Cnet etc etc etc? No. They are performing comparative tests, the results of which they are used to prove or disprove the “hype”. Publishing the results of testing is not hype. It is publishing the results of tests. Whether the results of the tests support the “Hype” of which you are speaking is another matter all together. In the case of Intel’s Core 2, dozens of tests and reviews have all concluded that Intel’s “hype” over the performance of Core 2 is accurate.

Quote:
    Personally, I will still buy AMD. I don't plan on buying Intel anytime ever. It is not a product that I feel deserves my money because they have not proven to me that they can put out a quality product for a long period of time.

Now, you can throw every chart you want at me, it still doesn't change the fact that that chart means nothing only what some lab put together in clean conditions. I have yet to see a server room that is perfectly clean or even a home that is. I like to see what happens over time. What happens when a computer gets hotter than it should over a period of time. 3 weeks is not enough time to determine if a CPU is going to last or not. I am one that does not immediately run out to the store to buy the latest and greatest. I like to let some time go by and see what really happens in real life. What happens 3-6 months down the road rather than upon immediate release.

On a more personal note, I really don't think that Core 2 will be that great over all. Technology is constantly changing and it is merely a minor footnote to history. Whether or not it will be a real success or not, will be determined in the coming years.

You state your opinions are your own but this is your second response to me. Again you are trying to force your opinions on me. No doubt, you expect to be able to come into a public forum, state your opinions in response to someone else, and walk away unchallenged. So, you feel you should be able to respond to others with your opinions, but not have your opinions responded to? Here is my response: How about presenting some facts to back up your opinions.

Quote:
    On your power comment, its amazing that it was AMD that offered better power conservation first then Intel finally came along after constantly increasing the power requirement. That sounds to me like Intel was playing catch up not innovating.

So, in your opinion, because AMD did it first, no one should buy Intel who is now doing it better? Is this a correct statement? Please, explain to me, precisely what does innovation or catch up have to do with results? Core 2 out performs X2 in power consumption, processing power and value. Your opinion appears to be that individuals should purchase lower performance consumer products now, because at some point in the past, they performed better than the competition. Is this a correct evaluation of you opinion?
    There is an old bit of wisdom that applies here: “Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” Use your intelligence to contemplate how that applies to Intel new products.
    Here’s another golden oldie: “yesterdays gone” Contemplate how this applies to purchasing consumer products.
    One more: Caveat Emptor
    Ultimately, whether Intel has been innovating or catching up, who gives a crap? It has nothing whatsoever to do with what a persons money will buy them at this moment.

Quote:
    Enough of my personal opinion soap box. PLEASE NOTE I SAID PERSONAL OPINION!!!! ONCE AGAIN, IT WAS MY PERSONAL OPINION, DID YOU GET THAT OR DO I NEED TO SAY IT AGAIN THAT IT WAS MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Quote:
    One chip still does not make up for all the crap that Intel has forced on the consumers over the years. Plus, I look at the Core 2 being a response by Intel by getting its a$$ handed to it in the dual core arena from the start. I hardly doubt that this will be the end of AMD as some Intel pundiots would tell you. If Intel wants to be a leader, then they need to act like it. So far, I have seen very little from Intel showing that they can be a leader, they do better at reacting than leading.

NOW, WHY DON’T YOU POINT OUT WHERE YOU STATED IN YOUR FIRST POST THAT IT WAS OPINION. WHY DONT YOU 'SAY' WHY YOU FEEL YOUR OPINION IS SO SPECIAL THAT IT IS EXEMPT FROM RESPONSE
    Why don’t you also point out where you placed the disclaimer “don’t respond to this as it is an opinion and therefore exempt from response” While your at it, why don’t you show me where in the THG forum rules it states that no individual may respond to another’s opinion. You can also point out the rule that gave you the right to respond to me in the first place.
    You will not find these “rules”, as they do not exist. Once again, this is a public forum. If you are incapable of understanding what a public forum is, then you should not post in one.
    If you want to state fact, provide the data to back it up. If you want to state your opinion, use "IMO" so it does not appear as if you believe it is fact.

Let’s sum this up.
    You posted your opinions publicly, in response to another post in a public forum, yet you reject the notion that anyone has the right to respond to your post in a manner which you do not like.
    You believe consumers should buy products based on past performance (loyalty) not present performance.
    You present no facts to substantiate your opinions.
    You cannot differentiate between hype, and test results.
    You believe that others are responsible for the consequences of your choices.

These are the classic behavior characteristics of a fanboy, someone who does not care about fact, someone who does not care for any opinion other than his own, someone who reacts in a hostile manner when challenged.

Quote:
    ...... you are sitting behind a computer and dont' have to worry about someone coming to your door and ....well I will leave it at that.

If you wish to come to my door, consider yourself invited.

If you have a cell phone, PM me your #, and a time and date you would like to discuss this in person. We will meet very near my door:

Tomb Thumb Food Store
    6853 Highway 87 N,
    Milton, FL. 32570
  40. Quote:

They still are putting out the best product right now. Thats what matters if you're upgrading right now. If something new comes out down the road and you upgrade then then get whats best then. But its plain and obvious that you're a fanboy when you wouldn't buy a superior product at a cheaper price.

Who would buy a Corvette when you could get a Ferrari for the same price? Only a Chevy fanboy.
  41. "on a side note, Jack proved and concluded that X2s only get 12% increase instead of 16% increase under 64bit mode. Also, percentage is a relative term, since it is referred to its original value.

In addition, given the fact that Core 2 is already 20% superior than X2s, 10% of that 20% is probably going to be greater than X2's 12%. "

To quote Jack "Data is data is data" or was it someone else?

To get a logical estimate on how each cpu performs in 32-64 bit shift, it must be based on each respective 32-bit performance level. And the results showed that AMD has the better figures. Of course C2D still outperforms AMD64 in absolute terms, but absolute performance is not the issue here.
  42. I think that the patience and restraint you've shown in your reply should be used as an example, or even an inspiration, to us all.
  43. Quote:
    I think that the patience and restraint you've shown in your reply should be used as an example, or even an inspiration, to us all.

Well, in all honesty, I wouldnt say it was that patient or restrained. IMO, it could have been more so. I should have kept my mind more focused on Eccentrica Gallumbits, and less on rbbrnsteel when writing it.

Peace
  44. My friend has been to all the Vista previews and the thing is horrible.............i would say dont get it for the first 6 to 8 months because the thing already showed up 3 blue screens of death and totally has way to many bugs to even think about buying it.............

they are releasing it in practicully the beta version that is being previewed only with bug fixs
  45. Quote:
    My friend has been to all the Vista previews and the thing is horrible.............i would say dont get it for the first 6 to 8 months because the thing already showed up 3 blue screens of death and totally has way to many bugs to even think about buying it.............

they are releasing it in practicully the beta version that is being previewed only with bug fixs

thats why theyre called open betas
  46. Doesn't beta does mean "Broken" in Greek :?:
  47. I think the reason they use the Greek alphabet is in reference to a position you must assume when trying to uninstall them. :wink:
  48. Quote:
    Core 2 Duo has ruled this year at least, we have to wait and see the REAL figures when Vista comes out.

That is extemely misleading. We're in the 8th month of the year and Core 2 Duo is just now trickling into the marketplace. AMD FX ruled the first 7 months, no doubt about that. If you consider the big picture, as in how many people use each platform, etc., AMD will own August because the number of Core 2 Duo systems up and running will be relatively small for a while. But make no mistake - Conroe is King and that's perhaps the number one development in PCs this year.

Quote:
    Almost all, if not EVERYTHING should be 64bit then.

I don't expect to see the average XP user jump to Vista immediately upon its release so most people will be running 32 bit OSs for a while.
  49. Quote:

None of the above. I'm clueless.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core AMD Product