Radvision VoIP 400 Gatekeepers

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

Hi,

My customer has a a Radvision VoIP 400, working as a gateway between
3G and H.323. We have one external gatekeeper, working fine. I want to
know if it's possible to configure VoIP 400 in such a way that, when a
new call arrives, depending on the dialed number, the VoIP use the
currently working Gatekeeper, or a new one that we are testing.

Thank you in advance!

"Juan F. Navarro" <jfnp090274@yahoo.es> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My customer has a a Radvision VoIP 400, working as a gateway between
> 3G and H.323. We have one external gatekeeper, working fine. I want to
> know if it's possible to configure VoIP 400 in such a way that, when a
> new call arrives, depending on the dialed number, the VoIP use the
> currently working Gatekeeper, or a new one that we are testing.

Yes, each gatekeeper controls a 'zone' and by neighbouring the two
gatekeepers a call can attempt to resolve in zones in different configurable
ways. This is easy to do, all you need to do is RTFM that came with your GK
and then talk your customer through the config steps you require.
If all else fails then speak to your support contract vendor.

> Thank you in advance!

np

-=-peas-=-