can't see events in event viewer

when I looked at my event viewer this morning, they were all empty, but there
should be events there.
when I go in through RDP, click on system, events show up, but clicking on
application, then back to system they are gone?

Does the same behavior happen if you're doing it from the console of the
server? Because it may be a cosmetic behavior of RDP (Terminal Services).

--
Hope this helps,
Mike Rosado

<http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>