Corrupt User Profile

I have a corrupt User Profile in Windows XP and only allows
me to logon using the Guest profile, which when shutdown
doesnt save anything I had done.

Please Help.

Jeff
1 answer Last reply
More about corrupt user profile

    Hi Jeff,

    Hit F8 at boot, just before Windows begins to load. This should get the boot
    menu where you can select Safe mode. Logon as administrator, then create a
    new user profile for yourself in the Control Panel/Users applet. Copy over
    data from your old profile (which is apparently corrupted) using the
    procedure described here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a corrupt User Profile in Windows XP and only allows
    > me to logon using the Guest profile, which when shutdown
    > doesnt save anything I had done.
    >
    > Please Help.
    >
    > Jeff

Microsoft Windows XP