Corrupt User Profile

October 10, 2004 9:35:28 AM

I have a corrupt User Profile in Windows XP and only allows
me to logon using the Guest profile, which when shutdown
doesnt save anything I had done.

Please Help.

Jeff

More about : corrupt user profile

Anonymous
October 10, 2004 1:54:40 PM

Hi Jeff,

Hit F8 at boot, just before Windows begins to load. This should get the boot
menu where you can select Safe mode. Logon as administrator, then create a
new user profile for yourself in the Control Panel/Users applet. Copy over
data from your old profile (which is apparently corrupted) using the
procedure described here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

--
Best of Luck,