PROBLEM WITH DISPLAY

cedric

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
I am having a problem with what my computer is displaying .There are as if dots and small colored lines appearing as I open a window in windows XP PRO and when I refresh it everything becomes clean and tidy but the dots and small lines reappear later.These abnormalities have recently started and are only visible with a close look.No technician around has been able to find the problem.Everything is up to date.I have the latest drivers .I just play 1 or 2 games per year and I am playing HITMAN BLOOD MONEY with its graphfix option max with its patch installed proving that my graphic card is perhaps still in working condition.I have a p4 2.4 (478 pin), 1 GB RAM Twinmos ,geforce FX 5900 card,ASUS P4S800S MOBO SONY flat crt monitor it was the best PC on market 4 years ago.Please help any solution ,explanation or opinions will be highly appreciated. :roll: :roll:

mpjesse

Splendid
I am having a problem with what my computer is displaying .There are as if dots and small colored lines appearing as I open a window in windows XP PRO and when I refresh it everything becomes clean and tidy but the dots and small lines reappear later.These abnormalities have recently started and are only visible with a close look.No technician around has been able to find the problem.Everything is up to date.I have the latest drivers .I just play 1 or 2 games per year and I am playing HITMAN BLOOD MONEY with its graphfix option max with its patch installed proving that my graphic card is perhaps still in working condition.I have a p4 2.4 (478 pin), 1 GB RAM Twinmos ,geforce FX 5900 card,ASUS P4S800S MOBO SONY flat crt monitor it was the best PC on market 4 years ago.Please help any solution ,explanation or opinions will be highly appreciated. :roll: :roll:

Well, it's one of two things: video card of monitor. I'm leaning towards the video card. Since the video card warranty is likely expired, I wouldn't bother contacting the manufacturer. If I were you, I'd go on newegg and buy a really, really cheap AGP card and see if that solves the problem. If it does, then you'll know u need a new video card. And if it doesn't... well ur out what, $20? And u can always resell on ebay. :)