convert word to pdf in Win 2k3 server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 19, 2004 5:31:02 PM

I have a windows 2003 server with MS word 2003 and acrobat ver 6 installed on
it. I am unable to convert from word to pdf or vice versa without the server
locking up. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 11:25:31 PM

Im not terribly familiar with this conversion but my first question would be
which application are you using to perform this? Does the other have the
same problem/capability?
What happens with a blank file?

If you use word and change the file to be compaitble with older versions of
Word does the same problem exist?

--
James Brandt [MSFT]

"sydeshowbob" <sydeshowbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a windows 2003 server with MS word 2003 and acrobat ver 6 installed
>on
> it. I am unable to convert from word to pdf or vice versa without the
> server
> locking up. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 2:02:39 AM

"sydeshowbob" <sydeshowbob@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 95E14D1C-F65F-404E-ADDE-2E32548362AF@microsoft.com...
>I have a windows 2003 server with MS word 2003 and acrobat ver 6 installed on
> it. I am unable to convert from word to pdf or vice versa without the server
> locking up. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks

Have you tried Open Office? It has an embedded Word-like to PDF converter. And
it recognizes Word documents. Just to introduce an alternate solution...

Vince C.
!