Making a Boot CD for XP Pro

I have 2 XP Pro computers. One with SP-1 has gotten stuck in a boot up loop
due to a user profile problem. The other has the SP2 upgrade. Both
computers were built my the same person (whom I can't reach right now) and
came with XP Pro installed but no manual or CDs.
My question is can I make a boot CD from my working system which has Service
Pack 2 that will work to boot the other system ? How do I do this?
Thanks,
Walt

Hi,

No, WinXP doesn't provide for making a boot CD. You can get the boot floppy
set here:

Home edition:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=33290

Professional edition:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=33291

After downloading, execute the file and it will create a 6 disk boot floppy
set. You can boot the system with these for a limited version of the
Recovery Console. My question to you is what you are planning to do with the
system once booted?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/