Making a Boot CD for XP Pro

I have 2 XP Pro computers. One with SP-1 has gotten stuck in a boot up loop
due to a user profile problem. The other has the SP2 upgrade. Both
computers were built my the same person (whom I can't reach right now) and
came with XP Pro installed but no manual or CDs.
My question is can I make a boot CD from my working system which has Service
Pack 2 that will work to boot the other system ? How do I do this?
Thanks,
Walt
1 answer Last reply
More about making boot

    Hi,

    No, WinXP doesn't provide for making a boot CD. You can get the boot floppy
    set here:

    Home edition:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=33290

    Professional edition:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=33291

    After downloading, execute the file and it will create a 6 disk boot floppy
    set. You can boot the system with these for a limited version of the
    Recovery Console. My question to you is what you are planning to do with the
    system once booted?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
    >I have 2 XP Pro computers. One with SP-1 has gotten stuck in a boot up loop
    >due to a user profile problem. The other has the SP2 upgrade. Both
    >computers were built my the same person (whom I can't reach right now) and
    >came with XP Pro installed but no manual or CDs.
    > My question is can I make a boot CD from my working system which has
    > Service Pack 2 that will work to boot the other system ? How do I do
    > this?
    > Thanks,
    > Walt

Computers Boot CD-Rom Windows XP