restricting types of files users can save to server

I have a Win 2003 file server. I would like to prevent users from saving
..mp3 and .wma files to the users shared folders (each use has their own
folder).

Is there a way to prvent users from saving these types of files to my server?
1 answer Last reply
More about restricting types files users save server

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:49:10 -0700, Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have a Win 2003 file server. I would like to prevent users from saving
    >.mp3 and .wma files to the users shared folders (each use has their own
    >folder).
    >
    >Is there a way to prvent users from saving these types of files to my server?

    Not that I know of.

    You can schedule the following batch job to start when the computer starts
    If deletes all .mp3 and .wma files from the c:\users folder on the server, sleeps for an hour,
    and then does it again, and again, and again......
    Just change c:\users to your parent folder.

    @echo off
    :loop
    for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('dir c:\users\*.* /s /a^|Findstr ".mp3 .wma"') do (
    del /f /q "%%a"
    )
    @ping -n 3601 127.0.0.1>nul
    goto loop