restricting types of files users can save to server

Tags:
  • File Server
  • Microsoft
  • Servers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 19, 2004 8:49:10 PM

I have a Win 2003 file server. I would like to prevent users from saving
..mp3 and .wma files to the users shared folders (each use has their own
folder).

Is there a way to prvent users from saving these types of files to my server?

More about : restricting types files users save server

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 11:39:57 AM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:49:10 -0700, Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a Win 2003 file server. I would like to prevent users from saving
>.mp3 and .wma files to the users shared folders (each use has their own
>folder).
>
>Is there a way to prvent users from saving these types of files to my server?

Not that I know of.

You can schedule the following batch job to start when the computer starts
If deletes all .mp3 and .wma files from the c:\users folder on the server, sleeps for an hour,
and then does it again, and again, and again......
Just change c:\users to your parent folder.

@echo off
:loop
for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('dir c:\users\*.* /s /a^|Findstr ".mp3 .wma"') do (
del /f /q "%%a"
)
@ping -n 3601 127.0.0.1>nul
goto loop