Strange file on C:

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

I have a Windows 2000 server with a file on the root of C: that I can't make
heads or tails of. The file is _BevspCacheFile_216.tmp. It is grayed out
and eventhough I have ownership I can't do anything with it. It is being
used by something. Any idea what this file is or how I can find out what is
using it? It is 1.65GB and I would like to at least reduce the size if I
can. Thanks for any help in advance!!

Randy

I researched and am unable to find anything on the file. You could try to
reboot to safe mode and rename or delete the file. Then when booting back
into normal mode if a program relies on that file then that program should
display an error. You may also use a utility called filemon by
sysinternals.com to see what is accessing the file.

Best regards,

Frank Szita [MSFT]