• outstanding

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcurtain

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
IF YOU VALUE CUSTOMER SERVICE READ ALL OF THIS POST!
maybe good quality product (don't know REFUSED to buy)
see below....Zalman support....WHAT SUPPORT there is none!

Zalman customer support and service are ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE
and practically none existent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!beware and you are fore warned
about zalman support....in looking to buy a zalman cpu cooler
I went to zalman support pages (email and Q&A) were you can either send and email,
I sent 2, or post a question asking anything you want, mine was about motherboard
compatibility and would the cooler have ample clearance for north and south bridge
heat pipes/sinks as well as the ram as both are fairly close to my cpu socket.
and I am running a memory cooling fan..out of 2 emails and 2 questions over the
period of 1.5 weeks NONE were answered. I started looking around the Q&A boards
to see that like 75% of the questions posted never did answered and a ot of those
were months old

there were a few questions asking "how long does it take to get an answer"
or "how does zalman choose which questions to answer". I saw one post about the length
of time to get an answer and zalmans reply was "we're sorry it took so long the person
that covers this area has been on vacation" WRONG ZALMAN if they are out for whatever
reason you get someone to cover. in the end I had sent 2 emails and posted 3 questions
the last question was finally answered but ONLY because I got their attention buy
titling the post " GO F**^ YOURSELF ZALMAN!" not only did zalman answer it but a couple
other visitors did to telling zalman that I had a hell of a good point.
SO...IF YOU VALUE CUSTOMER SERVICE LIKE I DO, AFTER ALL WE ARE THE ONES WHO KEEP THEM IN
BUSINESS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD BE THE #1 PRIORITY (IMO) THEN DO NOT BUY ZALMAN PRODUCTS
if they cannot provide support for PRE-SALES questions what makes anyone think they will support a
product after purchase?

at the same time I was asking Zalman I emailed 4 other companies...
Gigabyte (3 times for different reasons),Thermaltake, Nvidia, PCPower and cooling, and ALL of them replied
to ALL emails within 24 hours AS IT SHOULD BE!

flamingdeath

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
Dont buy the Zalman reserator 1
The water pump is only rated at 35°C and starts making horrible noises after 3 - 6 months

Its also hermetically sealed (air tight!) so it could explode if it gets very very hot?

DanielG

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
I found this Thread in search for help with the horrible Zalman support.

I have been trying to get a defective Zalman HP600 PSU replaced for about 2 months now. At first, like for the Threadstarter, the zalman Support didn't even answer on my request to Zalmanusa and tha UK support adresses 1-3. After not giving up they finally told me to contact their german vendor to get a RMA from them and finally a replacement of th PSU. Well the german vendor wave-computers.de also didnt answer my emails but after complaining to the Zalman support about it, they got advised to help me. Since then another 2 weeks have passed (meaning that it took me 1,5 months until i even got a reaction....) and still noone from those has contacted me either like they were advised by the zalman support before.

After a couple of other emails i sent them, there is still no reaction from their side and i finally gave up on it.

I spent 100 € on a PSU that lasted shorter than any cheap PSU i bought before. This is ridiculous. I bought the PSU before because i finally wanted to get some excellent hardware from a well known manufacturer, but all i got was a broken PSU after a half year and no support whatsoever from zalmans side. :cry:

So i warn everyone to not buy any hardware thats expensive from them, since you wont get a replacement when it breaks and your money is gone for good. Their advertised 3 years warranty means nothing since they just refuse to help at all and sueing them because of 100 € makes no sense. I guess this is what they are speculating on from the beginning. This might be a decent way to make money but its not a way to make money in the future...... but hey its all about short term profits isnt it?

Again i make myself clear: DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM ZALMAN !!! if you want to get a warranty on it, because all you get is nothing if it breaks. At least when you live in germany where they don't have direct support, but force you to address crappy vendors like wave-computers which then go down the same road and just don't even answer at all..... until you give up.

I know this thread is old, but it still seems as if nothing has changed with them...... so please forgive me digging it up, but i needed to warn you..... :??:

Greetings and hopefully better results with them

D.G.

ecvandenberg

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Since this thread is old, I would like to add some recent experiences with Zalman support.

I have bought a Zalman silent power supply unit for € 99,-. It is indeed very silent! But after a year, the power supply is malfunctioning. After sending a couple of e-mails to various addresses as indicated on their website, I still do not have an answer. I filled in an RMA request form, and again, no response. After reading the previous thread I think I can forget my three years warranty. That is not good for me, but I'm sure it's also very bad for Zalman. I will post everywhere I can this bad practice of Zalman. Thanks to internet companies can not afford to deliver bad service because the news will spread.

So from me the same advice as Daniel does: DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM ZALMAN !!!

Does anyone knows a good silent power supply from a descent manufacturer?

Best regards,

Erwin.

rdc363

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
I got a heatsink that used special fabricated washers from Zalman and the kit was missing one... Had to wait about three days before anyone even responded, and it too about two weeks for it to arrive. Total B.S.!

Status
Not open for further replies.