Indication of ink not showing

I have an Epson Stylus COLOR 880 and suddenly the amount of ink is not
shown. The outline is there only.
How do I get this back? Do I have to download the software again?

Blair
2 answers Last reply
More about indication showing

    "Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > I have an Epson Stylus COLOR 880 and suddenly the amount of ink is not
    > shown. The outline is there only.
    > How do I get this back? Do I have to download the software again?
    >
    > Blair

    I downloaded the latest drivers and now ink showing correctly
    Blair

    There are several possible causes.

    Luckily, with the 880 you aren't dealing with any problems with the
    "intellege" cartridges (bad contacts, bad firmware, bad chips, mis-reset
    chips, etc.)

    The only causes of this problem I am aware of are a corruption of the
    ink status monitor drivers, (they might have been broken by another
    piece of software you have more recently loaded), or a failure of the
    printer to "speak" to the computer. That could be a port failure, but
    more likely due to a bad cable or contact, try unplugging and replugging
    in both sides of the cable with the printer and computer off.

    If that doesn't fix it, try removing the ink status monitor software and
    reinstall it.

    Art

    Blair wrote:
    > I have an Epson Stylus COLOR 880 and suddenly the amount of ink is not
    > shown. The outline is there only.
    > How do I get this back? Do I have to download the software again?
    >
    > Blair

Printers Stylus Peripherals