Backup domain

Prakash

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004

can anybody tell me how to configure backup domain win windows 2000 , i know
there no funda in 2000 like PDC and BDC on winnt4.0

but i want to create backup for my existing domain ,so that
if atall my domain fails i can login with other server with same user name
and password and same domain.

lee

Install another member server into the domain and run dc promo to make it a
domain controller. It will then have a copy of active directory. Then make
the domain controller an additional global catalog server.

Lee

"prakash" <prakash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can anybody tell me how to configure backup domain win windows 2000 , i
know
> there no funda in 2000 like PDC and BDC on winnt4.0
>
> but i want to create backup for my existing domain ,so that
> if atall my domain fails i can login with other server with same user name
> and password and same domain.

Prakash

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004

can u please explane me step by stpe or give me the link for this???