Win2K AS Hangs on Shutdown

Running on a Gateway server, when I shutdown or reboot the server, I hang
with a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner. This makes it really
difficult to restart from remote! I've not been maintaining this server
very long, but since I have been maintaining it, this problem as always been
here. According to the previous maintainer, 'It never did that before!' ...
Uh hu, sure.

Anyway, I'm not usually a Windows guy but more of a Unix guy (can I say that
word here, Unix?) so any help in the right direction of troubleshooting this
should be great!

-brian
1 answer Last reply
More about win2k hangs shutdown

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:19:55 -0700, "Brian D. McGrew" <brian@doubledimension.com> wrote:

    >Running on a Gateway server, when I shutdown or reboot the server, I hang
    >with a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner. This makes it really
    >difficult to restart from remote! I've not been maintaining this server
    >very long, but since I have been maintaining it, this problem as always been
    >here. According to the previous maintainer, 'It never did that before!' ...
    >Uh hu, sure.
    >
    >Anyway, I'm not usually a Windows guy but more of a Unix guy (can I say that
    >word here, Unix?) so any help in the right direction of troubleshooting this
    >should be great!
    >
    >-brian

    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=315409 "How to troubleshoot shutdown problems in Windows 2000"
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=266169 "How to Troubleshoot Problems with Standby Mode Hibernate Mode and Shutting Down Your Computer in Windows 2000"