Volume Control icon

The volume control icon has disappeared from my taskbar.
I see that I should use add/remove programs to put it
back but I can't see it in the list. How do I get it
back please ?
2 answers Last reply
More about volume control icon

    Start>Control Panel>Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices>Sounds and Audio
    Devices. On the Properties page choose Volume and check the box labeled
    'Place Volume Icon in the Taskbar'.

    "Diana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > The volume control icon has disappeared from my taskbar.
    > I see that I should use add/remove programs to put it
    > back but I can't see it in the list. How do I get it
    > back please ?

    Yes I have done that. But when I check that box is when
    it tells me I need to install Volume Control. I can't
    find it to install it.

    I can change the volume OK by using Control Panel but I
    want my icon in the task bar back as it is so much
    simpler.

Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP