DFS Error 13539

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.server.dfs_frs (More info?)

I am encountering an annoying dfs error when trying to use this with frs.

I have a single AD domain, with two DC's, DC2, & SERVER1.

Both are configured for dfs.
The dfs root for each is \\DC2\root & \\SERVER1\Root respectively.

I created a share on DC2, called Test.
I then created a link to it.
Next, I created a shared folder Test on SERVER1.
For each, I specified the path as \\DC2\Test & \\SERVER1\Test respectively.

When I attempt to replicate the file (a single file named text.txt) from DC2
to SERVER1, I get the error:
"The File Replication Service cannot replicate d:\test because the pathname
of the replicated directory is not the fully qualified pathname of an
existing, accessible local directory."

I dont understand how, it has changed it to a local directory. I entered the
directory using a UNC path.

Any suggestions?

--
Cheers,

James Goodman

It looks like it was a permissions error.

I added SYSTEM with full control to the test folder & it appears to be
working.

Are there any other permissions I should be setting on dfs folders?

--
Cheers,

James Goodman

Thanks.