lexmark x63 problems

I haven't been able to use my printer for a couple days now. I've tried
to reinstall it, one through the lexmark way and another through the
microsoft way. Both installation processes both fail: through the
lexmark way, it asks to start up the spooler service but it ends up
failing. I'm unable to install it through the other method because the
"rpc server is unavailable". I've looked up these problems through the
lexmark website but none of their metholds work. Does anyone have any
idea what to do?

- Kishor
4 answers Last reply
More about lexmark problems

    knagula@gmail.com wrote:
    > I haven't been able to use my printer for a couple days now. I've
    > tried to reinstall it, one through the lexmark way and another
    > through the microsoft way. Both installation processes both fail:
    > through the lexmark way, it asks to start up the spooler service but
    > it ends up failing. I'm unable to install it through the other method
    > because the "rpc server is unavailable". I've looked up these
    > problems through the lexmark website but none of their metholds work.
    > Does anyone have any idea what to do?
    >

    > - Kishor

    Yes, ditch it and buy a proper printer! It's a Lexmark, for Hades sake! Why
    you expect it to work is totally beyond me...

    > Both installation processes both fail: through the
    > lexmark way, it asks to start up the spooler service but it ends up
    > failing.

    Others would reccomend buying another printer. While rude and
    seemingly unhelpful, most lexmarks cost double or quadruple of what
    many other sub $100 printers cost to operate. This is one reason the
    name results in a knee jerk reaction. However the x63 isn't as
    horrible as many Lexmarks in terms of raw cost per page, and the black
    page yield isn't as bad as the free printer. The color well, won't
    touch that. It being a multi-fuction device would make it a tad more
    spendy to replace, and take longer to make back an investment is a unit
    that is cheaper to operate. Still the next time you shell out $60 for
    replacement ink, do consider other options.

    But addressing your existing problem

    1. Is the print spooler service running? [long shot]
    <start><run>"net start spooler" (no quotes in the run box)
    or follow the microsoft method if you prefer using a mouse
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158042

    2. If the spooler refuses to start
    go to <start>[settings][control panel]{Administrative tools}{services}
    look for {print spooler} right click [properties]
    select dependencies
    If "LexBCE Server" is there, remove it.

    If this is the case, your problem was installing the print driver again
    where lexmark though it was a good idea to require its software be for
    the print spooler to be running. So if the lexmark software is not
    running, the spooler will not run, and the spooler must be running for
    the software to be installed.

    Get This.

    I recommend aftermarket ink of any kind (both printer specific and
    non-specific) in all Lexmark printers. Save the most and buy the
    cheapest. There is not much risk when you have a Lexmark.

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>Both installation processes both fail: through the
    >>lexmark way, it asks to start up the spooler service but it ends up
    >>failing.
    >>

    >Others would reccomend buying another printer. While rude and
    >seemingly unhelpful, most lexmarks cost double or quadruple of what
    >many other sub $100 printers cost to operate. This is one reason the
    >name results in a knee jerk reaction. However the x63 isn't as
    >horrible as many Lexmarks in terms of raw cost per page, and the black
    >page yield isn't as bad as the free printer. The color well, won't
    >touch that. It being a multi-fuction device would make it a tad more
    >spendy to replace, and take longer to make back an investment is a unit
    >that is cheaper to operate. Still the next time you shell out $60 for
    >replacement ink, do consider other options.
    >
    >But addressing your existing problem
    >
    >1. Is the print spooler service running? [long shot]
    ><start><run>"net start spooler" (no quotes in the run box)
    >or follow the microsoft method if you prefer using a mouse
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158042
    >
    >2. If the spooler refuses to start
    >go to <start>[settings][control panel]{Administrative tools}{services}
    >look for {print spooler} right click [properties]
    >select dependencies
    >If "LexBCE Server" is there, remove it.
    >
    >If this is the case, your problem was installing the print driver again
    >where lexmark though it was a good idea to require its software be for
    >the print spooler to be running. So if the lexmark software is not
    >running, the spooler will not run, and the spooler must be running for
    >the software to be installed.

    I'm not knowledgeable of Lexmark drivers, but I suggest in general, to
    make sure your spool location has adequate drive space to full spool an
    image.

    Art

    knagula@gmail.com wrote:

    > I haven't been able to use my printer for a couple days now. I've tried
    > to reinstall it, one through the lexmark way and another through the
    > microsoft way. Both installation processes both fail: through the
    > lexmark way, it asks to start up the spooler service but it ends up
    > failing. I'm unable to install it through the other method because the
    > "rpc server is unavailable". I've looked up these problems through the
    > lexmark website but none of their metholds work. Does anyone have any
    > idea what to do?
    >

    > - Kishor

Printers Lexmark Peripherals