Windows XP and Windows 2000 Advanced Server

We just installed a new Window XP Pro machine connecting to Windows 2000
Advanced Server. When the user logs into the network the user for a split
second gets the folders on a mapped drive and then the folders disappear. If
the user logs off and on again the user might or might not get folders. What
would cause this behavior?

Help!
3 answers Last reply
More about windows windows 2000 advanced server

    Hi,

    Please check the permission on the mapped folders which are on a network
    drive.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Already checked this. I found a hotfix from Microsoft for this problem.
    Will try it tomorrow...

    Mike

    "Kaushik Banerjee" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Please check the permission on the mapped folders which are on a network
    > drive.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Mike, what's that hotfix? Maybe it can help with my problem of losing
    connection altogether?

    "Mike" wrote:

    > Already checked this. I found a hotfix from Microsoft for this problem.
    > Will try it tomorrow...
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > "Kaushik Banerjee" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Please check the permission on the mapped folders which are on a network
    > > drive.

Windows 2000 Servers Windows XP Windows