To disable complex password option in win2003 std.

How to disable complex password option
We are replacing our existing Win NT 4.0 server with Win 2003 std. version.
In order to maintain the user accounts, we have re-created all the existing
users in the new server in the same name, but we could not retain the
existing password. When we tried to give the same password, the system
prevents it by saying password is not complex enough to meet the password
policy . We would like to retain the same old password for our users.

Could you please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about disable complex password option win2003

    In the default domain policy group policy go to "computer
    configuration\windows settings\security settings\account policy\password
    policy" and set "password must meet complexity requirements" to disabled.
    If it is then check the default domain controllers group policy

    Best regards,

    Frank Szita [MSFT]

Microsoft Servers Windows