Sign in with
Your question

Need help diagnosing BSOD

Last response: in Windows 8
December 5, 2012 1:22:53 AM

This is frustrating the heck out of me, especially since my system seems to be solid otherwise. Once in a while, while trying to reboot (swirly goes round and round), my system will BSOD (swirly freezes) into a watchdog error. BlueScreenView shows that it's caused by hal.dll+22e94, with the crash address being ntoskrnl.exe+7a740. The bug check code is 0x00000133.

Is there anyone who can help me find the problem driver? How do I go about finding and posting the minidump?

More about : diagnosing bsod

a b * Windows 8
December 6, 2012 6:15:34 PM

-You can put a minidump on the cloud so someone can look at it with a debugger.

-this could be a overclock issue where a core missed a interrupt and is basically hung
waiting for a interrupt that already occurred.

- driver problem, very common
- Issue with lazy writes not being confirmed to IO subsystems. (bugs in drive firmware)

-just too hard to tell without a minidump, even then you might have to go to a full dump to figure out the problem.

-sometimes you can run powercfg.exe /energy
to see if some driver blocks shutdown requests.
m
l
December 11, 2012 6:09:30 PM

Quote:
Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Really not sure what to do with this one; never seen anyone actually report it before...

For now, I would treat this simmilar to CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (0x101) and assume either an underpowered or overheating component. Make sure nothing is overheating, and if you have any OC, remove it.

Failing that, try running memtest86+ for a bit to see if you have any RAM errors.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
December 11, 2012 6:34:07 PM

System Spec's please, all hardware and age of hardware, drivers used, a snapshot of the system and full error code so I can find what driver is looping
m
l
!