EASY QUESTION...I am sure just about anyone can answer!!!

I am trying to set up my computer to use automatic windows updates...However
I am using the old windows 98 view of windows. the help center tells you how
to do this but I can't view the Performance and Maintenence category in my
control panel..How do I make this visible in Windows 98 View.....thanks in
advance...a humble inexperienced pc user!!!
--
Until further idiotic simple questions arise in my mind...happy
surfing!!!!....ceci

SP2 applied?

ceci wrote:
> I am trying to set up my computer to use automatic windows
> updates...However I am using the old windows 98 view of windows. the
> help center tells you how to do this but I can't view the
> Performance
> and Maintenence category in my control panel..How do I make this
> visible in Windows 98 View.....thanks in advance...a humble
> inexperienced pc user!!! --
> Until further idiotic simple questions arise in my mind...happy
> surfing!!!!....ceci

I'm not aware of any "windows 98 view" option in WinXP. Are you
referring to the "Classic" folder view, which emulates Win2K?

If so, what happens when you click on the Controal Panel >
Automatic Updates? Or if you right-click My Computer > Properties >
Automatic Updates?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: