IP multicast Set Top Box

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I am looking for settop boxes (STB) for use in a
campus IP network. Any advice this group can provide
on the subject will be appreciated.

We are sourcing live content, mostly TV programs,
from a number of encoders (MPEG1, MPEG2, H.261, MPEG4).
I'd like to find an affordable, realatively easy to use
STB that can be programed with specific IP multicast
addresses or listen for SAP annoucements and present the
list of choices on the TV display. The user should then
be able to select one of the choices and begin
receiving the content.

The STB should come with or work with an off-the-shelf
remote control but I can live with front panel buttons
on the STB itself.

Thanks,Steve

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

There are a number to choose from.

Check out

www.tutsystems.com

www.i3micro.com

Look into triple Play access gear from www.pannaway.com

Glen Scymanski wrote:
> There are a number to choose from.
>
> Check out
>
> www.tutsystems.com
>
> www.i3micro.com
>
> Look into triple Play access gear from www.pannaway.com
>

> SPD wrote:
>

>> I am looking for settop boxes (STB) for use in a
>> campus IP network. Any advice this group can provide
>> on the subject will be appreciated.
>>
>> We are sourcing live content, mostly TV programs,
>> from a number of encoders (MPEG1, MPEG2, H.261, MPEG4).
>> I'd like to find an affordable, realatively easy to use
>> STB that can be programed with specific IP multicast
>> addresses or listen for SAP annoucements and present the
>> list of choices on the TV display. The user should then
>> be able to select one of the choices and begin
>> receiving the content.
>>
>> The STB should come with or work with an off-the-shelf
>> remote control but I can live with front panel buttons
>> on the STB itself.
>>
>> Thanks,Steve

Thanks.