Backward Compatibility

I’m upgrading a WinNT domain to a Win2003 domain. The current NT domain has
a mixture of Win2000 Servers and Advanced Servers in it. Will the Win2000
Servers and Advanced Servers be compatible in the new Win2003 domain?

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:39:05 -0800, "ByTor_Snowdog" <ByTor_Snowdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I’m upgrading a WinNT domain to a Win2003 domain. The current NT domain has
>a mixture of Win2000 Servers and Advanced Servers in it. Will the Win2000
>Servers and Advanced Servers be compatible in the new Win2003 domain?

Yes, but it won't be a "Windows Server 2003" forest and domain functional level.

See
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=322692 "How to raise domain and forest functional levels in Windows Server 2003"

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP