Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What's the md5 of Windows 7 Professional retail?

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
May 12, 2011 6:19:38 AM

Hello. So, basically, I downloaded a win 7 prof from MSDN, and would like to know if it differs in just any way. For that, I need to know the MD5 of ISO image of Windows 7 Professional. The one that weighs 2.32 GB. Or the size already says that it differs?
a c 209 $ Windows 7
May 12, 2011 6:28:59 AM

The MSDN web site has the hash sums, just look them up in the same place that you downloaded it from...
a c 230 $ Windows 7
May 12, 2011 5:08:07 PM

sminlal said:
The MSDN web site has the hash sums, just look them up in the same place that you downloaded it from...

+1 to sminlal. If a legit MSDN download by an authorized user, that information was right where you would have gotten the ISO from. Good luck!
Related resources
May 12, 2011 6:28:43 PM

-1 to you both. I have downloaded it from MSDN, and now would like to know the md5 of the retail version. NOT FROM MSDN AGAIN!
a c 230 $ Windows 7
May 12, 2011 6:31:36 PM

miha2 said:
-1 to you both. I have downloaded it from MSDN, and now would like to know the md5 of the retail version. NOT FROM MSDN AGAIN!

That is not what your original post implied. Where would you get a retail Win 7 Pro ISO?
a c 230 $ Windows 7
May 12, 2011 6:33:24 PM

Sounds like you want to compare an OEM and retail versions of Win 7 Pro. Is that correct? Are these full or upgrade versions? 32 or 64 bit? Please clarify what you want to know and why you want to know it. That would help get you the best possible answer.
May 12, 2011 8:03:54 PM

Yes, OK, so, basically all I want to know if Microsoft included any spying software/anything that differs from the retail version. And about retail ISO - well, it's quite impossible to find, I agree, but there are people who create ISOs from disks, and so basically they have this md5. I thought there are people who actually have the disk and could check the md5. That's what I mean... And not quite OEM, but rather MSDN, since I saw on Newegg OEM is basically 1 license for system builders, and retail includes 3 licenses. So, I want to compare now OEM and MSDN versions.
a c 230 $ Windows 7
May 12, 2011 8:54:24 PM

You are mixing apples and oranges in your analysis. It isn't the media (1 vs 3 licenses) it is the license itself that is different. This is not something that a different MD5 would indicate.

As I recall, the MSDN media is actually OEM type media. This license is the difference. Once again, not a media thing.

What end are you trying to achieve?
May 13, 2011 12:11:38 AM

No idea how accurate these are...

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65922.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 326327CC2FF9F05379F5058C41BE6BC5E004BAA7
ISO/CRC: 1F1257CA

Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_x86_dvd_x15-65921.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 5395DC4B38F7BDB1E005FF414DEEDFDB16DBF610
ISO/CRC: C1C20F76

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_enterprise_x64_dvd_x15-70749.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: A89DCE706D527206CB464EF86ACD3A3D13A332DB
ISO/CRC: D4597619

Windows 7 Enterprise (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_enterprise_x86_dvd_x15-70745.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: C6B905E48FDB6CB5BFCA967715A64461B812D40C
ISO/CRC: 6A9B5097

Windows 7 Professional (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_x15-65805.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 50127304441A793EE51B3F501289F6599A559E9F
ISO/CRC: 502C42C1

Windows 7 Professional (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_professional_x86_dvd_x15-65804.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 697FA06554502FB21D30275273B25747299C020D
ISO/CRC: 578725D1

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_home_premium_x64_dvd_x15-65733.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 336779EA6B65F63E11A609B4D021439C47AB315B
ISO/CRC: 56D954E4

Windows 7 Home Premium (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_home_premium_x86_dvd_x15-65732.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: CC9D8220B2179E784D85BF1EA98D2EE2190D534F
ISO/CRC: 5DF6DBA0

Windows 7 Home Basic (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_home_basic_x86_dvd_x15-65654.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 101574FAA17FDB430BB027271EF0A58F0E18AD47
ISO/CRC: 2B06C5CC

Windows 7 Starter (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_starter_x86_dvd_x15-68956.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 5DC1457BC4B3D94097F499B15DFDB3C21DADCDF5
ISO/CRC: 43DE3418

Windows 7 Language Pack (x64) - DVD (Multiple Languages)
File Name: mu_windows_7_language_pack_x64_dvd_x15-73276.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:56 AM
SHA1: 5AB13E8534FA6E17DB2EDEDEAD0D219E9B99A794
ISO/CRC: 5EA0988F

Windows 7 Language Pack (x86) - DVD (Multiple Languages)
File Name: mu_windows_7_language_pack_x86_dvd_x15-73272.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:56 AM
SHA1: 9A04B246F132D929CDE04B14DD07FCF5F14D2F23
ISO/CRC: 45A48C46
a c 371 $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 12:14:09 AM

looks right!
a c 230 $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 12:29:57 AM

sauvesean said:
No idea how accurate these are...

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65922.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 326327CC2FF9F05379F5058C41BE6BC5E004BAA7
ISO/CRC: 1F1257CA

Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_x86_dvd_x15-65921.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 5395DC4B38F7BDB1E005FF414DEEDFDB16DBF610
ISO/CRC: C1C20F76

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_enterprise_x64_dvd_x15-70749.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: A89DCE706D527206CB464EF86ACD3A3D13A332DB
ISO/CRC: D4597619

Windows 7 Enterprise (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_enterprise_x86_dvd_x15-70745.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: C6B905E48FDB6CB5BFCA967715A64461B812D40C
ISO/CRC: 6A9B5097

Windows 7 Professional (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_x15-65805.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 50127304441A793EE51B3F501289F6599A559E9F
ISO/CRC: 502C42C1

Windows 7 Professional (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_professional_x86_dvd_x15-65804.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 697FA06554502FB21D30275273B25747299C020D
ISO/CRC: 578725D1

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_home_premium_x64_dvd_x15-65733.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 336779EA6B65F63E11A609B4D021439C47AB315B
ISO/CRC: 56D954E4

Windows 7 Home Premium (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_home_premium_x86_dvd_x15-65732.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: CC9D8220B2179E784D85BF1EA98D2EE2190D534F
ISO/CRC: 5DF6DBA0

Windows 7 Home Basic (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_home_basic_x86_dvd_x15-65654.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 101574FAA17FDB430BB027271EF0A58F0E18AD47
ISO/CRC: 2B06C5CC

Windows 7 Starter (x86) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_starter_x86_dvd_x15-68956.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:54 AM
SHA1: 5DC1457BC4B3D94097F499B15DFDB3C21DADCDF5
ISO/CRC: 43DE3418

Windows 7 Language Pack (x64) - DVD (Multiple Languages)
File Name: mu_windows_7_language_pack_x64_dvd_x15-73276.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:56 AM
SHA1: 5AB13E8534FA6E17DB2EDEDEAD0D219E9B99A794
ISO/CRC: 5EA0988F

Windows 7 Language Pack (x86) - DVD (Multiple Languages)
File Name: mu_windows_7_language_pack_x86_dvd_x15-73272.iso
Date Posted (UTC): 8/6/2009 9:59:56 AM
SHA1: 9A04B246F132D929CDE04B14DD07FCF5F14D2F23
ISO/CRC: 45A48C46



I assume your source was MSDN, correct?
a c 371 $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 12:38:37 AM

actually technet!
a c 230 $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 1:07:08 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
actually technet!

Coolness! Pretty much the same source then.
a c 371 $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 1:11:52 AM

yes it is on the money!!!!!!!!!!!
May 13, 2011 1:13:44 AM

sauvesan, I found those, but how do I find the SHA1? I know how to find the MD5, I downloaded the FastSum, and it says only MD5.
a c 230 $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 1:47:43 AM

miha2 said:
sauvesan, I found those, but how do I find the SHA1? I know how to find the MD5, I downloaded the FastSum, and it says only MD5.

Once again, what are you trying to do here? Sounds like you are looking at how to bypass a license restriction (potentially) and that is a forbidden topic according to the Tom's rules. Comparing ISOs as you are would indicate that you are trying to circumvent the built-in security mechanisms.

Looking for software from MS that may be spying on you is silly at best. What gives?
May 13, 2011 2:39:49 AM

OK. Let's just imagine the situation. Someone with a MSDN license wants to download software that is not free. There are many ways to do that, and that someone chooses one. He downloads it through RapidShare and installs it. (He has two computers, with MSDN and retail versions). The question is: would Microsoft watch him (if they guessed he did) the same way with his licenses, or only retail/MSDN license? (Don't think of me doing that, though)

Best solution

a c 230 $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 12:01:00 PM
Share

miha2 said:
OK. Let's just imagine the situation. Someone with a MSDN license wants to download software that is not free. There are many ways to do that, and that someone chooses one. He downloads it through RapidShare and installs it. (He has two computers, with MSDN and retail versions). The question is: would Microsoft watch him (if they guessed he did) the same way with his licenses, or only retail/MSDN license? (Don't think of me doing that, though)

This thread is border-line on being not appropriate. That being said, as soon as the MSDN license was used, MS would know it. If it is valid, not an issue. It is the license that makes a system legal, not the media nor where the media came from. The issue is one of activation with a valid license. Understood?
May 13, 2011 5:04:39 PM

Ok. Though not exactly what I wanted to hear, but thanks.
May 13, 2011 5:04:58 PM

Best answer selected by miha2.
a c 230 $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 5:30:10 PM

miha2 said:
Ok. Though not exactly what I wanted to hear, but thanks.

You are welcome. Did you get an answer that you can work with? I will PM you something else to think about.
!