Corrupt Recycle Bin

Hey there,
I have an issue with the following error, when opening the recycle bin, on a
W2K Advance Server, SP3 :

The recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt or invalid. Do you want to empty the
Recycle Bin for this drive?

The Microsoft article,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q297760&ID=KB;EN-US;Q297760,
indicates that this issue is resolved with the installation of service pack
3. However, SP3 is already installed on this server.

Does anyone have any suggestions, for a resolution, to this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Roger

The recycle bin may contain a corrupt, or otherwise incorrect information
file. If format is FAT, then from a command prompt change to the recycler
directory, then do a dir to see what files you might find and delete any
files found, then
attrib -h info*
this should unhide the info* file that stores the information about the
original location of deleted files in the recycle bin. Delete this file.

If format is NTFS then change to the recycler directory then change to the
hidden directory named for your SID (this can be found from within Explorer,
(by expanding the recycler folder). Then
attrib -h info*
this should unhide the info* file that stores the information about the
original location of deleted files in the recycle bin. Delete this file.
Then the next time you move files to the recycle bin another hidden info
file will be created.

Another option is to delete only the info or info2 file (in the recycler
dir) and then restart the pc, then a new and correct information file will
be created in the recycler directory.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Roger Clifton" wrote:
| Hey there,
| I have an issue with the following error, when opening the recycle bin, on
| W2K Advance Server, SP3 :
|
| The recycle bin on c:\ is corrupt or invalid. Do you want to empty the
| Recycle Bin for this drive?
|
| The Microsoft article,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q297760&ID=KB;EN-US;Q297760,
| indicates that this issue is resolved with the installation of service
pack
| 3. However, SP3 is already installed on this server.
|
| Does anyone have any suggestions, for a resolution, to this issue?
|
| Thanks in advance!
|
| Roger

TRENDING THREADS