Print Spooler and HP Printers

Dear All,

I am having a problem with HP printers running on my win2k network. The
spooler keeps crashing. It is throwing two event ids which are 2510 and
7031. I think I have resolved these event ids. However they keep coming
back. Please help.

Many Thanks,

John

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:38:05 -0000, "John Barwell" <johnbarwell@msmdirect.co.uk> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I am having a problem with HP printers running on my win2k network. The
>spooler keeps crashing. It is throwing two event ids which are 2510 and
>7031. I think I have resolved these event ids. However they keep coming
>back. Please help.
>
>Many Thanks,
>
>John

See if tip 7186 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com helps.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold, ever since installing a new HP2300 we have had the same problem (but
without the events) and just learned to live with it after Jetro told me how
to restart the Print Spooler.

The statement: "To resolve this problem, reinstall the printer drivers for
the HP LaserJet 4 or the HP LaserJet 5 from the Windows 2000 CD-ROM" from
your Tip 7186 is a bit vague.. We have a Server (with the hung Spooler) and
a bucket-load of client machines all of which have the driver installed on
them.

Which machine is this statement referring to? The Server? The Clients?
Both??

Thanks,
Cameron:)