Good compatible cartridges?

I am looking for good, compatible cartridges for my Epson CX 5200 All-in-one
printer.

Can someone share his experience in using compatible cartridges that use
Epson quality ink and that do not give error messages when inserted?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Walter R. wrote:
> I am looking for good, compatible cartridges for my Epson CX 5200 All-in-one
> printer.
>
> Can someone share his experience in using compatible cartridges that use
> Epson quality ink and that do not give error messages when inserted?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Walter
> www.rationality.net
> -

What error message? Are you talking about the warning message
indicating the non-Epson chipset/cartridge?

By law, you should not remove the warning message, it's all about
copyright (I guess). however, it does not affect anything, just a
"one-more-click-job".

I did use mediastreet.com and inkrepublic.com bulk ink system for
1280/1290 printer. it's great saving.

I suggest you can try several good ink system or cartridge:

http://www.inkrepublic.com/ProductDetail.asp?item=CX5200
http://www.re-ink.com
http://www.atlanticinkjet.com

Epson uses Epson quality ink. You take your chances with the rest.

microland wrote:

>Walter R. wrote:
>

>>I am looking for good, compatible cartridges for my Epson CX 5200 All-in-one
>>printer.
>>
>>Can someone share his experience in using compatible cartridges that use
>>Epson quality ink and that do not give error messages when inserted?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>--
>>Walter
>>www.rationality.net
>>-
>>

>What error message? Are you talking about the warning message
>indicating the non-Epson chipset/cartridge?
>
>By law, you should not remove the warning message, it's all about
>copyright (I guess). however, it does not affect anything, just a
>"one-more-click-job".
>
>I did use mediastreet.com and inkrepublic.com bulk ink system for
>1280/1290 printer. it's great saving.
>
>I suggest you can try several good ink system or cartridge:
>
>http://www.inkrepublic.com/ProductDetail.asp?item=CX5200
>http://www.re-ink.com
>http://www.atlanticinkjet.com

BURT

Microland gave you a recommendation based on his (or her) actual use.
Measekite has no experience with aftermarket inks and, more importantly,
Epson aftermarket inks. Read his past posts to understand his position and
questionable credibility. In addition to the information you get from
people on this NG you can go to
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ where aftermarket inks and cartridges are
discussed, sign in, search the forum for Epson ink info (most people on that
forum are Canon users) and post a question as well. There are some Epson
users who answer questions on Nifty. You would be wise to also email Arthur
Entlich (fiind one of his recent postings for the email address) and ask him
for his epson print head cleaning manual which he will email to you. Good
information to have in the event that you have a maintenance problem in the
future.

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
> Epson uses Epson quality ink. You take your chances with the rest.

You take your chances with Epson ink too.

Hi,

We've been using Inktek compatible cartridges for our Epson 740, 880,
C80, C82 and C84 for a couple of years for our more than 60 printers at
school without head clogs and very nice printing. These folks are in New
York city area.
They've proved reliable and have saved us an arm and a leg moneywise They
apparently have ink for the CX5200.

http://store.compuside.com/epson.html

--
Jan Alter
jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Microland gave you a recommendation based on his (or her) actual use.
> Measekite has no experience with aftermarket inks and, more importantly,
> Epson aftermarket inks. Read his past posts to understand his position and
> questionable credibility. In addition to the information you get from
> people on this NG you can go to
> http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ where aftermarket inks and cartridges
are
> discussed, sign in, search the forum for Epson ink info (most people on
that
> forum are Canon users) and post a question as well. There are some Epson
> users who answer questions on Nifty. You would be wise to also email
Arthur
> Entlich (fiind one of his recent postings for the email address) and ask
him
> for his epson print head cleaning manual which he will email to you. Good
> information to have in the event that you have a maintenance problem in
the
> future.
>
> "Walter R." <wer25@example.com> wrote in message
> >I am looking for good, compatible cartridges for my Epson CX 5200
> >All-in-one printer.
> >
> > Can someone share his experience in using compatible cartridges that use
> > Epson quality ink and that do not give error messages when inserted?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Walter
> > www.rationality.net
> > -

BURT

Walter - A request - After you purchase and use an aftermarket ink or
prefilled cartridge for a while would you please report back to this
newsgroup and also to
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

Sign in and post a message indicating the printer you are using, the vendor
from whom you purchased your ink or cartridges, and your experience with the
vendor and product. Your experience can help to guide others in their
purchase and use of aftermarket inks. It is best to read posts from
personal experience before making a purchase of these products. I started
using bulk ink to refill cartridges for my Canon i960 after reading a lot of
postings on several forums stating personal positive experience with
products from specific vendors. It was a great help and I ended up with
excellent results and no problem with my printer in nearly a year of use.

I expect Measekite to follow this post by telling you that you don't know
what you are getting as the vendor relabels someone elses product and
doesn't tell you the manufacturer, etc. Although this is generally true,
people have found vendors that have been reliable for many years and
delivered a product that has worked consistantly well for them. That is the
experience we need to transmit to each other as it is all "word-or-mouth."

Burt wrote:

>the vendor relabels someone elses product and
>doesn't tell you the manufacturer, etc. Although this is generally true,

:)

>"Walter R." <wer25@example.com> wrote in message
>

>>I am looking for good, compatible cartridges for my Epson CX 5200
>>All-in-one printer.
>>
>>Can someone share his experience in using compatible cartridges that use
>>Epson quality ink and that do not give error messages when inserted?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>--
>>Walter
>>www.rationality.net
>>-

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

> Burt wrote:
>

>> the vendor relabels someone elses product and doesn't tell you the
>> manufacturer, etc. Although this is generally true,
>>

> :)

The different label only makes a difference in the price.
This is like generic drugs verses big drug company rip-offs. You get the
same thing but at a very different price.
Frank
:p

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Burt wrote:
>>

>>> the vendor relabels someone elses product and doesn't tell you the
>>> manufacturer, etc. Although this is generally true,
>>>

>> :)
>

> The different label only makes a difference in the price.
> This is like generic drugs verses big drug company rip-offs. You get
> the same thing but at a very different price.
> Frank

More like street drugs

In article <YOvqe.2537$Z44.1676@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...

> Frank wrote:
>
> > The different label only makes a difference in the price.
> > This is like generic drugs verses big drug company rip-offs. You get
> > the same thing but at a very different price.
> > Frank
>

> More like street drugs

Is this something you have actual experience with, or is it like printer
ink, only hearsay?

Hi Peckerface

Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>In article <YOvqe.2537$Z44.1676@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
>inkystinky@oem.com says...
>

>>Frank wrote:
>>

>>>The different label only makes a difference in the price.
>>>This is like generic drugs verses big drug company rip-offs. You get
>>>the same thing but at a very different price.
>>>Frank
>>>

>>More like street drugs
>>

>Is this something you have actual experience with, or is it like printer
>ink, only hearsay?

I've been using MediaStreet inks for my Epson 2200. I'm ready to throw them
all away and go back to Epson inks. Or where do I learn about other 3rd
party inks that actually work, are archival, and cost a lot less than Epson?

--
- Alan Justice

Alan Justice wrote:

>I've been using MediaStreet inks for my Epson 2200. I'm ready to throw them
>all away and go back to Epson inks.

A Smart move. Who is the mfg/formulator of those inks? I bet they are
sold under many labels so people who buy them will suffer the same
problems you have because they are buying the same thing under a
different name.

Hear this churchgoers.

>--
>- Alan Justice
>
>"Jan Alter" <jalter@phila.k12.pa.us> wrote in message
>

>>Hi,
>>
>> We've been using Inktek compatible cartridges for our Epson 740, 880,
>>C80, C82 and C84 for a couple of years for our more than 60 printers at
>>school without head clogs and very nice printing. These folks are in New
>>York city area.
>>They've proved reliable and have saved us an arm and a leg moneywise They
>>apparently have ink for the CX5200.
>>
>>http://store.compuside.com/epson.html
>>
>>--
>>Jan Alter
>>jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
>>or
>>bearpuf@verizon.net
>>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>

>>>Microland gave you a recommendation based on his (or her) actual use.
>>>Measekite has no experience with aftermarket inks and, more importantly,
>>>Epson aftermarket inks. Read his past posts to understand his position
>>>

>and
>

>>>questionable credibility. In addition to the information you get from
>>>people on this NG you can go to
>>> http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ where aftermarket inks and cartridges
>>>

>>are
>>

>>>discussed, sign in, search the forum for Epson ink info (most people on
>>>

>>that
>>

>>>forum are Canon users) and post a question as well. There are some Epson
>>>users who answer questions on Nifty. You would be wise to also email
>>>

>>Arthur
>>

>>>Entlich (fiind one of his recent postings for the email address) and ask
>>>

>>him
>>

>>>for his epson print head cleaning manual which he will email to you.
>>>

>Good
>

>>>information to have in the event that you have a maintenance problem in
>>>

>>the
>>

>>>future.
>>>
>>>"Walter R." <wer25@example.com> wrote in message

>use

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

> Alan Justice wrote:
>
>> I've been using MediaStreet inks for my Epson 2200. I'm ready to
>> throw them
>> all away and go back to Epson inks.
>>

> A Smart move. Who is the mfg/formulator of those inks? I bet they are
> sold under many labels so people who buy them will suffer the same
> problems you have because they are buying the same thing under a
> different name.
> Hear this churchgoers.

Never listens to this idiot. He's a moron who's never ever used third
party inks. He has but one printer and hardly ever prints anything. He
is mentally unstable, lives in his mother's basement and by his own
admission weighs just under 300 lbs (he eats a lot of donuts).
Ng's are his only friends which he's constantly abuses (what are friends
for?).
He badly needs help but refuses to admit it while inflicting his
psychotic rants on unsuspecting posters in this ng.

Read other posters who daily use 3rd party inks successfully, justt as I
have for years without one single problem.

Frank

BURT

To help others who might be interested in using good compatable inks and
avoiding problem products could you indicate what you found unsuitable about
the MediStreet inks? Rather than a "Measekite" blanket indictment against
all third party products, it helps others to explain where you found the
product lacking. Description of color match problems? Clogging?

Burt wrote:

>To help others who might be interested in using good compatable inks and
>avoiding problem products could you indicate what you found unsuitable about
>the MediStreet inks?

No information will help. This ink, mfg and formulated by WhoKnows, is
sold under many labels through many vendors. Since it is almost
impossible to know who sells what in this industry, there is a high
likelyhood you will get the same thing (headaches) from multiple
sources. The Churchgoers do not want to admit this. They just ignore
the facts. Especially Burtie Furtie aka photofreek in his nifty forum.

>Rather than a "Measekite" blanket indictment against
>all third party products, it helps others to explain where you found the
>product lacking. Description of color match problems? Clogging?

Probably all of the above including the pain in the ass.

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Alan Justice wrote:
>>
>>> I've been using MediaStreet inks for my Epson 2200. I'm ready to
>>> throw them
>>> all away and go back to Epson inks.
>>

>> A Smart move. Who is the mfg/formulator of those inks? I bet they
>> are sold under many labels so people who buy them will suffer the
>> same problems you have because they are buying the same thing under a
>> different name.
>> Hear this churchgoers.
>

> Never listens to this idiot. He's a moron who's never ever used third
> party inks. He has but one printer and hardly ever prints anything. He
> is mentally unstable, lives in his mother's basement and by his own
> admission weighs just under 300 lbs (he eats a lot of donuts).
> Ng's are his only friends which he's constantly abuses (what are
> friends for?).
> He badly needs help but refuses to admit it while inflicting his
> psychotic rants on unsuspecting posters in this ng.
>
> Read other posters who daily use 3rd party inks successfully, justt as
> I have for years without one single problem.
>
> Frank Crankie

Frankie Crankie is the Janitor in the Church Of the Latter Day
AfterMarket ClogHeads. Now do you really want to associate yourself
with that dribble?

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:24:09 GMT, "Alan Justice"
<spam@spamspamspam.spam> wrote:

>I've been using MediaStreet inks for my Epson 2200. I'm ready to throw them
>all away and go back to Epson inks. Or where do I learn about other 3rd
>party inks that actually work, are archival, and cost a lot less than Epson?

And there's the problem. You have a choice - you can have good inks
(Epson, Permajet as an independent for example) or you can have cheap
inks. Your choice.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

BURT

Walter and Alan are looking for people who have experience with aftermarket
ink products Measekite rants against all aftermarket inks and carts with
the same tired misinformation. He has never purchased from any of the
vendors, nor has he ever used aftermarket inks. His personal experience is
with one Canon ip4000 and one HP inkjet printer, all with OEM inks. He has
absolutely zero experience with Epson printers. Why he continues with his
diatribe I don't know, but I hope that actual users of these products will
continue to post messages to this newsgroup whether their experience is
positive or negative, to help others decide if they want to use non-oem inks
and which vendors and products to consider. Personal experience counts,
Biased rants help no one.

> Burt wrote:
>
>>To help others who might be interested in using good compatable inks and
>>avoiding problem products could you indicate what you found unsuitable
>>about the MediStreet inks?
>
> No information will help. This ink, mfg and formulated by WhoKnows, is
> sold under many labels through many vendors. Since it is almost
> impossible to know who sells what in this industry, there is a high
> likelyhood you will get the same thing (headaches) from multiple sources.
> The Churchgoers do not want to admit this. They just ignore the facts.
> Especially Burtie Furtie aka photofreek in his nifty forum.
>
>>Rather than a "Measekite" blanket indictment against all third party
>>products, it helps others to explain where you found the product lacking.
>>Description of color match problems? Clogging?
>>

> Probably all of the above including the pain in the ass.
>
>>"Alan Justice" <spam@spamspamspam.spam> wrote in message
>>
>>>I've been using MediaStreet inks for my Epson 2200. I'm ready to throw
>>>them
>>>all away and go back to Epson inks. Or where do I learn about other 3rd
>>>party inks that actually work, are archival, and cost a lot less than
>>>Epson?
>>>
>>>--
>>>- Alan Justice
>>>
>>>"Jan Alter" <jalter@phila.k12.pa.us> wrote in message

>>>and

>>>Good

>>>use

So who's Permajet? Web site?

--
- Alan Justice

"Hecate" <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:24:09 GMT, "Alan Justice"
> <spam@spamspamspam.spam> wrote:
>
> >I've been using MediaStreet inks for my Epson 2200. I'm ready to throw
them
> >all away and go back to Epson inks. Or where do I learn about other 3rd
> >party inks that actually work, are archival, and cost a lot less than
Epson?

> And there's the problem. You have a choice - you can have good inks
> (Epson, Permajet as an independent for example) or you can have cheap
> inks. Your choice.
>
> --
>
> Hecate - The Real One
> Hecate@newsguy.com
> Fashion: Buying things you don't need, with money
> you don't have, to impress people you don't like...

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:08:44 GMT, "Alan Justice"
<spam@spamspamspam.spam> wrote:

>So who's Permajet? Web site?

www.permajet.com Independent British ink and paper makers/suppliers.
Excellent quality. They do cartridges for most Epsons. but the real
savings in terms of cost are if you splash out on a CIS system. You
don't really go to Permajet to save money unless you can afford a CIS
system. However, even their cartridges are better value than Epson.
The inks are excellent quality and are particularly useful if you
print a lot of B&W as their monochrome sets give superb results. The
papers are good too.

And no, I don't work for them in any capacity. Just a very satisfied
customer. ;-)

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Are you using them as cartridges that were factory filled, are you
filling them yourself or are you using a CIS (continuous inking system)

What problems are you having? Have you reported them to MediaStreet
they might be aware of one or more color problems, which can
occasionally happen.

Art

Alan Justice wrote:

> I've been using MediaStreet inks for my Epson 2200. I'm ready to throw them
> all away and go back to Epson inks. Or where do I learn about other 3rd
> party inks that actually work, are archival, and cost a lot less than Epson?
>
> --
> - Alan Justice
>
> "Jan Alter" <jalter@phila.k12.pa.us> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>> We've been using Inktek compatible cartridges for our Epson 740, 880,
>>C80, C82 and C84 for a couple of years for our more than 60 printers at
>>school without head clogs and very nice printing. These folks are in New
>>York city area.
>>They've proved reliable and have saved us an arm and a leg moneywise They
>>apparently have ink for the CX5200.
>>
>>http://store.compuside.com/epson.html
>>
>>--
>>Jan Alter
>>jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
>>or
>>bearpuf@verizon.net
>>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Microland gave you a recommendation based on his (or her) actual use.
>>>Measekite has no experience with aftermarket inks and, more importantly,
>>>Epson aftermarket inks. Read his past posts to understand his position
>
> and
>
>>>questionable credibility. In addition to the information you get from
>>>people on this NG you can go to
>>> http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ where aftermarket inks and cartridges
>>
>>are
>>
>>>discussed, sign in, search the forum for Epson ink info (most people on
>>
>>that
>>
>>>forum are Canon users) and post a question as well. There are some Epson
>>>users who answer questions on Nifty. You would be wise to also email
>>
>>Arthur
>>
>>>Entlich (fiind one of his recent postings for the email address) and ask
>>
>>him
>>
>>>for his epson print head cleaning manual which he will email to you.
>
> Good
>
>>>information to have in the event that you have a maintenance problem in
>>
>>the
>>
>>>future.
>>>
>>>"Walter R." <wer25@example.com> wrote in message

> use

Thanks. They don't have ink or cartridges for my Epson 2200.

--

"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Are you using them as cartridges that were factory filled, are you
> filling them yourself or are you using a CIS (continuous inking system)
>
> What problems are you having? Have you reported them to MediaStreet
> they might be aware of one or more color problems, which can
> occasionally happen.
>
> Art
>
> Alan Justice wrote:
>
> > I've been using MediaStreet inks for my Epson 2200. I'm ready to throw
them
> > all away and go back to Epson inks. Or where do I learn about other 3rd
> > party inks that actually work, are archival, and cost a lot less than
Epson?

> > --
> > - Alan Justice

I've been talking to their tech support for months. But now they've stopped
answering my queries on the tech support site. I guess they know they can't
solve my problems. (scuffing of prints by the exit rollers, clogging).