Cannot access company website

We have Windows 2000. The server was set so that the registered
domain name (company.com) is the same as the local domain on the
server. The problem was fixed by adding a pointer in the Forward
Lookup Zone; created www and gave it the IP address of the website.
It had been working fine until this week.

Now, users cannot access the company website. I would appreciate any
help to solve this problem.

Thank you
Tina

So... what happens why they try??

"Mendelson" <google@mendelsonline.com> wrote in message
> We have Windows 2000. The server was set so that the registered
> domain name (company.com) is the same as the local domain on the
> server. The problem was fixed by adding a pointer in the Forward
> Lookup Zone; created www and gave it the IP address of the website.
> It had been working fine until this week.
>
> Now, users cannot access the company website. I would appreciate any
> help to solve this problem.
>
> Thank you
> Tina

When they try to access company web site they get Page cannot be
display. Also, when we ping the specifice IP address we get request
time out.

Tina

"Cameron Dorrough" <cdorrough@nortonconsultants.com> wrote in message news:<cn0nf4$mu9$1@news-02.connect.com.au>...
> So... what happens why they try??
>
> "Mendelson" <google@mendelsonline.com> wrote in message
> > We have Windows 2000. The server was set so that the registered
> > domain name (company.com) is the same as the local domain on the
> > server. The problem was fixed by adding a pointer in the Forward
> > Lookup Zone; created www and gave it the IP address of the website.
> > It had been working fine until this week.
> >
> > Now, users cannot access the company website. I would appreciate any
> > help to solve this problem.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Tina

Sounds like the IP changed. Can you verify that the IP that you have in DNS
is correct? You probably need to change the www record in your DNS server.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Scott Harding - MS MVP" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ut32xnyyEHA.4004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Sounds like the IP changed. Can you verify that the IP that you have in DNS
> is correct? You probably need to change the www record in your DNS server.
>
> --
> Scott Harding
> MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
> Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server
>
> "Mendelson" <google@mendelsonline.com> wrote in message
> > When they try to access company web site they get Page cannot be
> > display. Also, when we ping the specifice IP address we get request
> > time out.
> >
> > Tina
> >

> > "Cameron Dorrough" <cdorrough@nortonconsultants.com> wrote in message
> > > So... what happens why they try??
> > >
> > > "Mendelson" <google@mendelsonline.com> wrote in message

Scott,

Thank you, the problem was external. After contacting the providers
and convincing them that was not a server configuration issue, they
call me to let me know that it was on their part. The problem is
solve. Again thank you.

Tina