Merge two partitions into one without rebuild system

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I am using Windows 2000 Advance Server, I have two harddisks
(30G/120G). The small harddisk (30G) has two partitions (C:\ and D:\,
NTFS), all with data on it. I wish to merge these two partitions into
one without rebuild the whole system as I have so many program
installed already.

As this is seems an "once only" task I do not want to purchase any
third party software, what do I do (or any free tools I need)? Any
experiences?

Many thanks and I would appreciate for any suggestions/experiences.

Kind Regards,

Bob

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Jetro, but what I want to do is Merge two partitions into one
NOT extend data volume. Thanks anyway.

"Jetro" <ik9480@spam.rogers.com> wrote in message news:<e3Zj55lyEHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325590
> How to use Diskpart.exe to extend a data volume

lee

So backup the D drive data and delete the d partition. Extend the C
partition then restore the backedup data? I'm not clear on exactly what you
mean by merge otherwise. I found it interesting that the dispart page said
it "may not" be able to extend system or boot disks so I guess that means
you'll need to use the hardware's raid config utility.

Lee