Merge two partitions into one without rebuild system

Hi,

I am using Windows 2000 Advance Server, I have two harddisks
(30G/120G). The small harddisk (30G) has two partitions (C:\ and D:\,
NTFS), all with data on it. I wish to merge these two partitions into
one without rebuild the whole system as I have so many program
installed already.

As this is seems an "once only" task I do not want to purchase any
third party software, what do I do (or any free tools I need)? Any
experiences?

Many thanks and I would appreciate for any suggestions/experiences.

Kind Regards,

Bob
3 answers Last reply
More about merge partitions rebuild system

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325590
    How to use Diskpart.exe to extend a data volume
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Thanks Jetro, but what I want to do is Merge two partitions into one
    NOT extend data volume. Thanks anyway.

    "Jetro" <ik9480@spam.rogers.com> wrote in message news:<e3Zj55lyEHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325590
    > How to use Diskpart.exe to extend a data volume
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    So backup the D drive data and delete the d partition. Extend the C
    partition then restore the backedup data? I'm not clear on exactly what you
    mean by merge otherwise. I found it interesting that the dispart page said
    it "may not" be able to extend system or boot disks so I guess that means
    you'll need to use the hardware's raid config utility.

    Lee

    "Bob" <ausgoodman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks Jetro, but what I want to do is Merge two partitions into one
    > NOT extend data volume. Thanks anyway.
    >
    > "Jetro" <ik9480@spam.rogers.com> wrote in message
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325590
    > > How to use Diskpart.exe to extend a data volume

Rebuild Servers Windows