How to monitor domain users

Hey all,

How do I go about seeing which users are logged into a given domain and
which workstation they are on? I can't seem to find this anywhere.
We've got all Win2K Adv. servers...

Any help is much appreciated!

Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about monitor domain users

    I don't believe you can get this information easily from the domain
    controllers at least. You may be able to get close with a mixture of
    auditing and crawling the event logs on every DC. But then very logon need
    not result in a ticket issued so if you want accuracy then you have a
    problem anyway. If you just want statistics then there are counters like
    Logons/s that will give you this information.

    Use of included script samples are subjected to the terms specified at

    "Mike W." <Mikew@none.com> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > How do I go about seeing which users are logged into a given domain and
    > which workstation they are on? I can't seem to find this anywhere. We've
    > got all Win2K Adv. servers...
    >
    > Any help is much appreciated!
    >

    > Mike
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    You can see which users are logged into an individual DC by looking in the
    Computer Management|Shared Folders|Sessions folder.. Does this help??

    "Mike W." <Mikew@none.com> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > How do I go about seeing which users are logged into a given domain and
    > which workstation they are on? I can't seem to find this anywhere.
    > We've got all Win2K Adv. servers...
    >
    > Any help is much appreciated!
    >

    > Mike

Domain Monitors Servers Windows