Easy Photo Print Upgrade?

The "trimming" function of the Canon Easy Photo Print software is very nice
but the "enhancement" capabilities is very limited. I have PS Elements for
major tweaking but find that printing from Elements does not give me as much
control as using Easy Photo Print. Right now I often edit in Elements and
print on Easy Photo Print.

Is there software that combines the trimming capabilities of Easy Photo
Print with a few more enhancements?

Thanks for any comments.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

John Keiser wrote:
> The "trimming" function of the Canon Easy Photo Print software is very nice
> but the "enhancement" capabilities is very limited. I have PS Elements for
> major tweaking but find that printing from Elements does not give me as much
> control as using Easy Photo Print. Right now I often edit in Elements and
> print on Easy Photo Print.
>
> Is there software that combines the trimming capabilities of Easy Photo
> Print with a few more enhancements?
>
> Thanks for any comments.

Sorry but I'm afraid the "trimming" function of the Canon Easy Photo
Print software is unique to Canon. I've not found it in any other photo
editing software and we've got just about everything that's on the
market today.
The combo you're currently using is indeed very good.
Frank

I have Elements 3. Its is fine. But the Canon Easy Photo Print makes
printing per se so much easier. For routine printing, I'd be happier not
using both Elements and Easy Photo Print and just using Easy Photo Print if
it had only a few tweaks - like gamma.

Maybe using both is the best for me.

Thanks.
--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

John Keiser wrote:
> The "trimming" function of the Canon Easy Photo Print software is
> very nice but the "enhancement" capabilities is very limited. I have
> PS Elements for major tweaking but find that printing from Elements
> does not give me as much control as using Easy Photo Print. Right
> now I often edit in Elements and print on Easy Photo Print.
>
> Is there software that combines the trimming capabilities of Easy
> Photo Print with a few more enhancements?
>
> Thanks for any comments.

Photo editing software: -

Elements 3 (you don't say what version you're running, I happen to like
it) - £70
Photoshop CS2 (my editor of choice) - £600
Paint Shop Pro 9 (Corel - I use for quick touch ups) - £100
Microsoft Digital Imaging 10 (I have used and don't care much for) - £80
Photo Impact XL (Ulead - as DI) - £60

I have Elements 3 (which I find to be very useful for quickies, though I
don't think it's as powerful as Paint Shop Pro), PSP and Photoshop CS2. If I
am doing something to be sold, I use PS, if I'm doing something just for me,
or for family I use either Elements or PSP.

I dare say you don't have £600 to chuck away on a single piece of software,
so I'd go with PSP. I can't recommend it highly enough.

BURT

I use photoshop elements 2 and have PE3 on my desk and ready to install.
What problems are there with printing from PE2? I do fine with it. I've
tried the Canon Easy Photo print software and it just doesn't have the
features I want to edit photos. Once you have a routine established, PE2 or
PE3 are pretty fast.

> The "trimming" function of the Canon Easy Photo Print software is very
> nice but the "enhancement" capabilities is very limited. I have PS
> Elements for major tweaking but find that printing from Elements does not
> give me as much control as using Easy Photo Print. Right now I often edit
> in Elements and print on Easy Photo Print.
>
> Is there software that combines the trimming capabilities of Easy Photo
> Print with a few more enhancements?
>
> Thanks for any comments.

Tried the free picasa from Google? http://www.picasa.com/

No realy "problems" with Elements 3, a very good program. But it is so nice
to center, re-center, and trim photos for printing using Easy Photo Print
that I do prefer to print that way.

My 2 step process will certainly suffice.

Thanks for all the comments.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

In article <%djqe.21$yw4.18@trnddc09>, john.keiser2@verizon.net says...
> The "trimming" function of the Canon Easy Photo Print software is very nice
> but the "enhancement" capabilities is very limited. I have PS Elements for
> major tweaking but find that printing from Elements does not give me as much
> control as using Easy Photo Print. Right now I often edit in Elements and
> print on Easy Photo Print.
>
> Is there software that combines the trimming capabilities of Easy Photo
> Print with a few more enhancements?
>
> Thanks for any comments.

I'm pretty happy with the simple to use Roxio PhotoSuite 7, and it is
sometimes available "free after rebate" or very close to free. I got
mine as a free upgrade to the "lite" version that came with my scanner.
Just my opinion ...

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:20:15 GMT, "John Keiser" <john.keiser2@verizon.net>
wrote:

>No realy "problems" with Elements 3, a very good program. But it is so nice
>to center, re-center, and trim photos for printing using Easy Photo Print
>that I do prefer to print that way.

Can you supply a URL for this..

Thanks

>My 2 step process will certainly suffice.
>
>Thanks for all the comments.

Easy Photo Print came with my Canon iP8500 so I don't know if its on any
site. Sorry.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

John Keiser wrote:
> Easy Photo Print came with my Canon iP8500 so I don't know if its on
> any site. Sorry.

It is available on canon download site, but i don't know if it's whole
program or just an update. Check it out on Canon.com, select your country in
downloads section, select any of pixma series printer and go.
BTW...i know there exists easy photo print plus, whi9ch allows some editing
functions, but i don't know where to get it...