Log error

Hi

I found these error messages in the Event Log of our Win 2000 Server:

1- This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest. Configure
to sync from External time source using the net command, 'net time
/setsntp:<server name>'.

2- able to find a domain controller to synchronize with for a long time. To
reduce network traffic, the time service will wait 960 minutes before trying
again. No synchronization will take place during this interval, even if
network connectivity is restored. Accumulated time errors may cause certain
network operations to fail. To tell the time service that network
connectivity has been restored and that it should resynchronize, execute
"w32tm /s" from the command line.

What mean this messages espaccaly I have many time on the event error ?

Thanks

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 06:09:10 -0800, "Hermione" <Hermione@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I found these error messages in the Event Log of our Win 2000 Server:
>
>1- This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest. Configure
>to sync from External time source using the net command, 'net time
>/setsntp:<server name>'.
>
>2- able to find a domain controller to synchronize with for a long time. To
>reduce network traffic, the time service will wait 960 minutes before trying
>again. No synchronization will take place during this interval, even if
>network connectivity is restored. Accumulated time errors may cause certain
>network operations to fail. To tell the time service that network
>connectivity has been restored and that it should resynchronize, execute
>"w32tm /s" from the command line.
>

>What mean this messages espaccaly I have many time on the event error ?
>

>Thanks

See tip 2669 and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
See tip 4167. How do I configure the Windows 2000 time service to log when time is adjusted?
See tip 5414 How do I make my PDC emulator an authoritative time server for my domain without it synchronizing with a reliable time source?

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com